Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling with a 4 month old on united

twogees

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 12:42 am
does anyone know what I can take luggage wise with a baby on united in reagrds to having a diaperbag as well as personal and carry ons? need to know as we dont want to pay for extra luggage if we dont have to.

Sweet as Pie

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:08 am
Did they charge you a small amount for the baby when u booked tickets? If so then for sure you can
However most airlines allow

kb

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 2:53 am
Why not call them?

gibberish

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 3:43 am
If you are paying for a seat, then you get a carry on and personal item for the baby, just like any paying passenger.

If the baby is a lap child, then you are allowed a diaper bag as an additional carry on for you (at no charge).

Strollers can be gate-checked and are returned to you at the gate upon landing.

Car seats can be checked in free of charge and do not count towards your luggage limit.

Have a safe trip!

gibberish

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 3:46 am
This is from their website:

Customers may carry the following infant and child articles on board, in addition to the maximum carry-on baggage allowance:

Diaper bag
Government-approved child seat (infant carrying seat or car seat)

https://www.united.com/web/en-......aspx

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 1:45 pm
I flew with them I believe with a lap child recently. I gate checked my stroller and car seat (snap n go type)... We needed the car seat on the other end. I got my carryon, personal item and 1 small diaper bag.

You can also bring liquids for baby- a bottle, baby food etc but bringing it means you will get a pat down as per the TSA agent.

This was within continental USA. International might differ. Not sure what airline it was but I know someone who was allowed a free checked bag internationally for their lap child (they each got one as well).

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 3:06 pm
Oh just remembering my trip. Kids under 5 cannot preboard. So annoying, makes no logical sense regarding boarding quickly and efficiently. But I heard from staff on a few different airlines that this is the new policy. Even infants in arms.
Why? Because people with disabilities sued saying having a child is not a disability so only they should get to pre-board. Even though whenever I flew before it was "anyone who needs extra time, like persons with disabilities or families traveling with children under 5, may now preboard".

But yeah. I have family members with disabilities. They heard this and said, " so let us both board early! It's not either/or and because I get this benefit, why should you (and the entire plan due to inconvenience) lose out"? But not everyone feels that way. Sad

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 24 2015, 3:07 pm
twogees wrote:
does anyone know what I can take luggage wise with a baby on united in reagrds to having a diaperbag as well as personal and carry ons? need to know as we dont want to pay for extra luggage if we dont have to.

I recently flew United with a baby, domestically, didnt give me any issues with baby luggage-- (I was by myself). However MAJOR--INSURE YOUR STROLLER. They are NOT responsible for damage and they BROKE mine ($400 stroller). Luckily I had insurance through my credit card. Otherwise take the CHEAPEST stroller you can or check your stroller in a box when you check in--but that may go against your checked baggage allotment).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics