Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
He said I'm beautiful
Previous  1  2

sourstix

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 10:17 am
I think theres more then meets the eye here. why does he think he has the chutzpa to tell you to be quiet about it? I wouldnt bring such a person in my house again. and definitely loudly tell dh what he said. and find out from other family members whats going on. your hushand didnt support you? thats all that he came up with? who cares how rich the guy is. hes a lowlife. wow, no words to describe this. is this your dh grandfather? then have him explain this stupidity. I would be totally freeked out as you can see. hugs to you. and he did all this in your house?!!!

sourstix

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 10:20 am
and btw was your dh trying to brush this up? I would be upset with him too.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 4:12 pm
Delores wrote:
The problematic part is telling you to keep his comments a secret. This shows that he knows he is being inappropriate.

This.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 4:14 pm
sourstix wrote:
and btw was your dh trying to brush this up? I would be upset with him too.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 5:01 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
The strangest part of all this is that you've never been told you look good by your husband or parents! Did I read that correctly???

Why is that so strange? Yes, some women are lucky enough to have emotionally absent parents as well as spouses. Wow lucky us!

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:
Dh said "so maybe have s-x with him and then he'll buy you a house to stay quiet!" shock (grandpa is rich)
Doubt he was serious though.

This story started out creepy, and it just keeps getting worse.
You doubt he was serious? Meaning you believe there's a chance he was serious?? And even if he was kidding, what kind of joke is that??

OP, does the rest of the family seem to be a little off, too?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 9:39 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
This story started out creepy, and it just keeps getting worse.
You doubt he was serious? Meaning you believe there's a chance he was serious?? And even if he was kidding, what kind of joke is that??

OP, does the rest of the family seem to be a little off, too?

Seriously? I totally laughed when I read this line :-) I don't see it at all as the husband shoving it off, but rather as trying to infuse some humor into a rotten situation.
Not everything men say and do is evil.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 10:01 pm
I worked in nursing homes, and have seen religious people be very inappropriate with me and others.

Sometimes when people age , they lose an ability to control these thoughts. They also lose their filters. This leads to such behavior.

I would not automatically assume that this grandpa is any different. I would not assume he was always like this. It could be developing with age.
It is very important to PROTECT YOURSELF and your family from him.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:12 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Seriously? I totally laughed when I read this line :-) I don't see it at all as the husband shoving it off, but rather as trying to infuse some humor into a rotten situation.
Not everything men say and do is evil.

Look, I'm all for infusing humor in bad situations. And I definitely have no man-bashing agenda. But it's not within the realm of a normal joke to tell your wife to have s-x with your grandfather. I'm not even paraphrasing there, that's exactly what OP said. She also said that he's emotionally absent (again, her words not mine) so, yeah. I stand by my original opinion of: creepier by the second.

Edited for typos

black sheep

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:
Dh said "so maybe have s-x with him and then he'll buy you a house to stay quiet!" shock (grandpa is rich)
Doubt he was serious though.

um..... yeah, stay away from the creepy grandpa AND from your golddigging husband.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:49 pm
Hugs for having emotionally absent people in your life OP. I hope you have an alternative support system (and no, imamother is not enough.)

I don't know about the grandpa comment, or the DH joke. I would be very wierded out by both.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:53 pm
Ugh. Stay away from grandpa. He may offer you the "deal" DH dreams of, and cause some trouble if you refuse. There's too much potential for worsening an already icky situation.

If I were you I would sit DH down for a serious discussion about his scruples. Especially of interest to me (in your place) would be his rationalizations and justifications for extramarital s-x. What is up with THAT? Would he justify sleeping with his boss if it meant a promotion and a raise? Yuck.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 12:27 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Look, I'm all for infusing humor in bad situations. And I definitely have no man-bashing agenda. But it's not within the realm of a normal joke to tell your wife to have s-x with your grandfather. I'm not even paraphrasing there, that's exactly what OP said. She also said that he's emotionally absent (again, her words not mine) so, yeah. I stand by my original opinion of: creepier by the second.

Edited for typos

What troubles me more is that OP said she "doubts" her dh was serious, which means there's some chance that he was. shock Which means that not only is grandpa sketchy, but so is dh.

nechamashifra

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:35 pm
Next time he tells you you're beautiful, make sure everyone in the room is aware of it: "WHAT DID YOU SAY? DID YOU TELL ME I"M BEAUTIFUL? WHY THANK YOU! that should put an end to his harassment Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette