Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
The JWE Conference, Stamford CT - who's joining???

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 8:14 pm
I'm thinking about signing up for the JWE conference in Stamford CT. I'm wondering if there's anyone who has been there or who is joining. It seems like an amazing opportunity and I'd love to hear from others who have been or have signed up. I am in the clothing and accessory line.

I saw it on Instagram

https://instagram.com/thejwe/

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 21 2015, 12:43 am
Been there 2 years. Amazing!

Shachar

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 11:29 pm
I will be there and it will be my 3rd year going. The energy is amazing. I always come back really pumped up and I make connections that have helped my business in a major way. I highly recommend it!!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 11:54 pm
I've made great connections there. Business changing!

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:20 am
People who've been there: Would I benefit if my business is very small and am interested in growing only inasmuch as generating more business for myself, not looking to expand into having a location or employees or anything? e.g. let's say I am a hair and makeup artist, I would like to learn how to better market myself and provide better service for my clients and get more clients, but I am NOT looking to branch out into selling products/opening a salon/having enough more clients that I need to take on help. That's not what I do but just an example that I think compares. I do feel like I need support in my business but reading the descriptions on the agenda I feel a little intimidated like everyone there is going to be these big businesswomen and maybe I won't gain anything for little old me.

People posting above that you went, how big are your businesses?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 12:57 am
in the previous years, they have really done a nice job of offering something for all levels of business owners.

in answer to your question about where my business is at, we are just starting to take on some employees part time.

Shachar

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 10:05 pm
Me again. I really agree with gray amother that they have offered something for everyone. They have a startup track as well as programming for more experienced business owners. And the women with more experience are always excited to help women who are starting out. There is just so much positive energy, and it feels very, very collaborative and supportive.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 10:21 pm
Do u know if they provide transportation from New York

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 11:10 pm
I know they have a track for start-ups, but my understanding is that "start-up" means you're in the beginning stages but intend to grow the business. What I'm asking is whether you count as a businesswoman if you're not really interested in growing the business beyond your own "daled amos" but want to do better within that, or is all the advice going to be way over my head being directed at growing businesses?

Also, this seems ridiculous to even ask, but is there anything to do for someone who would like to start a business or create a product but doesn't actually have any ideas for one? Do you have to have an idea first, or is there such a thing as, I don't know, someone who will help you come up with one and you take it from there?

Basically what I'm asking is whether it's even relevant for someone who is not even a start-up yet to go. I'm just a wannabe and don't want to waste time and money on something that won't be useful for me.

I tried signing up on their website for a mentor to help with these questions ages ago and never got any answer back. I hate things like that.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 1:12 am
Heres a link to the agenda:

http://www.cvent.com/m-events/.....bfe26

Note...
The Monday program also includes a separate start-up track, geared to women who are thinking about starting a business or are in the very early stages of launching a business. This track will be separate from the other breakout sessions and will have focused programming throughout the day.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 1:17 am
How much does it cost to attend?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 04 2015, 1:35 am
http://www.cvent.com/events/th.....vce=1

Shachar

Post Wed, Oct 07 2015, 11:48 pm
Me again. I believe there is transportation from Brooklyn, Queens, and the five towns.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 9:36 pm
I'd really like to go, but don't have where to leave my children. I only have young children, and my husband can't take off just to babysit. What is everyone atrending doing with their children?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 9:42 pm
amother wrote:
I know they have a track for start-ups, but my understanding is that "start-up" means you're in the beginning stages but intend to grow the business. What I'm asking is whether you count as a businesswoman if you're not really interested in growing the business beyond your own "daled amos" but want to do better within that, or is all the advice going to be way over my head being directed at growing businesses?

Also, this seems ridiculous to even ask, but is there anything to do for someone who would like to start a business or create a product but doesn't actually have any ideas for one? Do you have to have an idea first, or is there such a thing as, I don't know, someone who will help you come up with one and you take it from there?

Basically what I'm asking is whether it's even relevant for someone who is not even a start-up yet to go. I'm just a wannabe and don't want to waste time and money on something that won't be useful for me.

I tried signing up on their website for a mentor to help with these questions ages ago and never got any answer back. I hate things like that.

I attended the very first JWE conference with a vague business idea. I went basically to throw my idea at people and get some feedback. It s now two years later and I haven't looked back since. My business is steadily growing.
It will give you motivation to start, and give you others objective of your business. It's a great opportunity.

Not sure I can work it out this year, though. I'm Very much on the fence.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 9:48 pm
amother wrote:
I attended the very first JWE conference with a vague business idea. I went basically to throw my idea at people and get some feedback. It s now two years later and I haven't looked back since. My business is steadily growing.
It will give you motivation to start, and give you others objective of your business. It's a great opportunity.

Not sure I can work it out this year, though. I'm Very much on the fence.

What kind of a business? Because in also considering starting a business but wouldn't want to waste my time. If you could share that would be really helpful.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 9:51 pm
Crafts industry.
It doesn't matter, though. You can make almost any business idea viable if you are passionate enough about it. There were people From all types of businesses there so it's great networking too.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:47 pm
I couldn't attend and would like to know how it was.
Anybody?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics