Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking into Hearthstone Neighborhood in Lakewood

amother

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 10:24 pm
what type of pple live there?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 10:31 pm
I live there, what do you want to know?!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 10:38 pm
is it extremely yeshivish?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 11:05 pm
Well, I would consider it Yeshivish. Of course there is a range, its hard to put your finger on it.
It definitely turned more Yeshivish since we moved in a year ago. I think it is mostly due to the pricing of the houses, since this is one of the cheapest neighborhoods in Lkwd right now, it attracted many families on a budget.
The point is, the houses are quite spread apart, there is minimal interaction between neighbors (if that is how you want it) aside from the park you barely see anyone outside, aside for Shabbos.
Definitely not like living in a devt.
But the neighborhood is definitely turning around, there are about 40 families living here now, out of about 250 houses. There is a Chassidish and Litvish Shul already (the Litvish one is in a basement).
There is a lady here that walks women Friday night to a close devt for a Mikvah, she is the Mikvah lady for you.
If there is anything else you want to know, let me know.

wwmom

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 11:21 pm
I was there recently for a shabbos. I was actually quite impressed. The houses are really nice, and they each have plenty of land etc. and the 4-5 women that I met over shabbos were all very nice and friendly. It is yeshivish, but not too much. The woman seemed very with it etc. even though most of the ones I met were kollel wives. And the crowd is young. It seemed like the average oldest child in each family was about 3 years old, and the parents in their mid twenties.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 11:42 pm
wwmom wrote:
I was there recently for a shabbos. I was actually quite impressed. The houses are really nice, and they each have plenty of land etc. and the 4-5 women that I met over shabbos were all very nice and friendly. It is yeshivish, but not too much. The woman seemed very with it etc. even though most of the ones I met were kollel wives. And the crowd is young. It seemed like the average oldest child in each family was about 3 years old, and the parents in their mid twenties.

Hey I wonder if I met you Smile What block did you stay on?
Yes, most of the ppl here are either in Yeshivah, or recently left. Most have 2-4 kids..

wwmom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
wwmom wrote:

Hey I wonder if I met you Smile What block did you stay on?
Yes, most of the ppl here are either in Yeshivah, or recently left. Most have 2-4 kids..

Funny, I wonder...If I remember correctly I think it was called Morris, does that make sense?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 8:43 am
is there an eiruv?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 10:26 am
No, there is no Eiruv in the entire area. A couple of blocks put up their own. That is the one part I don't like about the area, you hit it on the nose.... but hopefully one day they will put one up. Anyways, most of the houses have backyards so you won't feel that trapped...
wwmom, Morris is the name of the street, yup, I am trying to figure out who you stayed by, do you have a 2 yr old girl that you went to the park w on Shabbos with a bunch of other kids?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:46 am
would you say that most of the pple there are "with it" or more "simple"?

amother

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:55 am
Do you have an email address so we can talk further?

be good

Post Wed, Oct 07 2015, 12:21 am
What is this neighborhood like now?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 3:19 pm
I have a relative in Hearthstone, and she says the neighborhood is mostly Yeshivish, and she's a bit to the left of the neighborhood. However, she loves living there as the people are, in her words, the sweetest people on the planet. Nice, nice, nice. Her kids have tons of friends, and she finds the crowd to be nice and not judgemental.

I've been there for Shabbos a couple of times, and my impressions were very positive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating