Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Transaero airlines - reliable?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 30 2011, 6:34 pm
Have you ever flown on Transaero airlines to Israel through Moscow? How is it? I've never heard of it before. Is it reliable? safe?

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 8:33 pm
Just booked on transaero for January on Dana deals does anyone have experience flying with them ? And stopping in Moscow?

Bitachon101

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 8:42 pm
Dunno if reliable or safe but lots of ppl do it. I'm too afraid to fly with them but I'd ask on Dan's deals straight cuz lots of ppl there have flown it.

Gnmn

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 8:55 pm
Thanks I'm going to do more research before the cancelation period

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:02 pm
I flew with no issues, other than the planes are really old. Like really old. That part was a bit scary. Otherwise, as far as I can recall, it was fine.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 4:15 am
That's the Russian airline. I know people that have flown Transaero. It was fine. I think American airlines also use very old planes.

etky

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 4:25 am
The issue is not so much the age of the fleet (El Al has some pretty old planes itself) but rather how well they are maintained. Transaero has had a very rough time financially, at least that was the case this past winter when there was talk of it scaling back its operations. Maintenance is one place where corners can be cut if money is scarce and older planes are more vulnerable in this respect.

sv123

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 5:34 am
We flew it a few months ago with a baby. It wasn't the best experience to say the least, but that was mostly because my 3 month old hated being cooped up for so long and couldn't stand the air pressure. Overall the airline itself is okay. Besides for not giving us our stroller during our stopover, the overall experience was fine. The planes are old and the crew members aren't the nicest but that didn't bother us so much as long as we got to Israel safely. We had a short stopover so it wasn't too bad, (besides for not having a stroller) but the airport itself is nice. The airline is used to Jews so kosher food is not a problem, but I would say to bring your own entertainment because the little that they have is all in Russian. Good luck!

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 9:31 am
We flew it a couple of months ago. Yes, the planes are old. Yes, bring things to do, because all the entertainment is in Russian, if your screen works. I would highly recommend bringing food for there and back. they "mistakenly" (?!) left off our names both there and back on the kosher food list as well as other families as well. Even though we called and confirmed kosher meals.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 11:43 am
I flew it. Was a decent flight, but bring your own food and entertainment. Also, make sure you are prepared for the stopover, as no one in the airport speaks English. Enjoy!

Smile1234

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:16 pm
Flying Israel to the states or vice cersa with a stopover in Russia is extra flight time. Keep that in mind.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:33 pm
I flew them with a group of 15 Ppl and had an amazing experience. Plane was really nice and room on longer flight. Smaller on shorter flight. I was with two little kids. Gave me tons of room and crayons and activities for them. Had a great experience.

bobeli

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:58 pm
I flew with a few kids, I specifically asked for my stroller by the stopover and they did gave it back in moscow.
The food is airplane food, so yes bring something.
the airport is new and nice, there are games for the kids (with pay) and free WiFi, even a shacharis minian on the way to israel.
good experience if the ppl on the flight behave and the rest of the yidden there don't make a chilul hashem.
for the price is great

etky

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 12:42 am
Updating this thread b/c I just read on Ynet that the airline has halted ticket sales for flights after December 15th.
I also found this news item:
http://atwonline.com/regulatio.....cerns
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions