Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cholent/crock pot questions

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 3:12 pm
I want to use a crock pot liner but my liner says to put water in before putting the liner in- what do I do if I don't want water in my dish?

I'm trying to get in to soaking.... possibly even sprouting my beans - I used to love how my cholent recipe from quick and kosher- Jamie geller came out but now that I prepare my beans in advance I can't seem to get the right texture- I don't want it to be a wet soupy cholent Sad
any suggestions?

Sanguine

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 3:15 pm
The water doesn't go in the Cholent itself. The bag is sitting in the water which basically all evaporates.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
I want to use a crock pot liner but my liner says to put water in before putting the liner in- what do I do if I don't want water in my dish?

I'm trying to get in to soaking.... possibly even sprouting my beans - I used to love how my cholent recipe from quick and kosher- Jamie geller came out but now that I prepare my beans in advance I can't seem to get the right texture- I don't want it to be a wet soupy cholent Sad
any suggestions?

It means put water in the bottom of the crock pot before you put the liner in. It really works well. It only needs a bit of water. The water doesn't go into your cholent.

pickle321

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 4:41 pm
Can u post the recipe from quick and kosher?

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:43 pm
http://www.joyofkosher.com/rec.....lent/
I leave out the paprika- play around with the other ingredients, add marror bones sometimes... but it's a good base.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen