Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Please recommend a sippy cup

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 1:09 pm
Looking for a sippy cup for my toddler. Easy to hold. Not exorbitantly priced. Easy to clean/wash. Not too fast or too slow flow. Spill proof. Good for travelling.

Thanks.

Stars

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 1:11 pm
love these http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....-wHiw

Stars

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 1:13 pm
Also this one but it get moldy in every space. I clean it almost nightly

http://www.target.com/p/oxo-7o.....w8NTw

pond user

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 2:04 pm
I would recommend teaching him or her to drink from a regular cup. Seriously. Been doing it since dc was 6 months. He's now 1 and holds regular cup and drinks independently (I don't normally fill it more than half a cup at a time just in case.

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 2:06 pm
Love the lolla cup with a straw. Its much better for their speech than a sippy.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 5:18 pm
We love this one. It clicks in place so you know it's properly sealed and won't leak. It's easy to sip from, the pieces are easy to clean and it looks OK for an older toddler to be drinking from when we are out.

http://www.drugstore.com/playt.....82604

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:15 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the first one stars linked. Feeling less overwhelmed by all the choices.

Are straws better for development than traditional supplies? It's a totally different skill than drinking from a cup...

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:44 pm
I have always been happy with playtex.
However, the last few I bought left me unhappy.
Not sure where that leaves you.

The speech therapists all say the straw is better. However, I find they mold quicker and are holder to clean.
Good luck!

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 8:51 pm
dr. pepper wrote:
I have always been happy with playtex.
However, the last few I bought left me unhappy.
Not sure where that leaves you.

The speech therapists all say the straw is better. However, I find they mold quicker and are holder to clean.
Good luck!

Oh, good to know. He already knows how to drink from a straw but juice boxes are impractical for many reason.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 10:21 pm
Munchkin 360 miracle cup. It come with handles or without (2 styles). We love it. It can get moldy but just let it air dry overnight. DC has been using it since about 12 months but if I found it earlier it would have been used then! No leaks, except if thrown hard (and then only drops). DC didn't like the other versions/companies similar to it. It's on amazon, at babies r us and elsewhere. Friends have it too and love it as well.

yogabird

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 11:55 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Munchkin 360 miracle cup. It come with handles or without (2 styles). We love it. It can get moldy but just let it air dry overnight. DC has been using it since about 12 months but if I found it earlier it would have been used then! No leaks, except if thrown hard (and then only drops). DC didn't like the other versions/companies similar to it. It's on amazon, at babies r us and elsewhere. Friends have it too and love it as well.

This one is really cool. Does it work for travelling? Like to carry in a diaper bag or something?

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 11:58 pm
yogabird wrote:
This one is really cool. Does it work for travelling? Like to carry in a diaper bag or something?

I do all the time! No leaks- maybe a drip or two (and I mean like a drop) if it gets turbulent in the diaper bag and you have something hardish that can push the rim on the inside top (how you drink). I actually want to order more on amazon now in case I lose one....

yogabird

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 12:04 am
LittleDucky wrote:
I do all the time! No leaks- maybe a drip or two (and I mean like a drop) if it gets turbulent in the diaper bag and you have something hardish that can push the rim on the inside top (how you drink). I actually want to order more on amazon now in case I lose one....

Oh goody! He really likes drinking from cups but I don' like when he does Wink I think I'll try one of these and one of the straw ones and see what he goes for.

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:18 am
LittleDucky wrote:

This is NOT leakproof. I get puddles on the floor if he drops it, and decent-sized spills just from banging upside down on the high chair Sad .

Also, if it's not full till the top, he literally has to tilt the cup so much it presses into his face to be able to drink.

Nice concept, but not impressed.

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:26 am
Keep in mind, straw ones might take some time to learn. But give him the time because it's totally worth it! I cannot give my baby a cup without him tipping it or squeezing it after a half a minute. So regular cups will wait for when he'd older.

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 10:49 am
Stars wrote:
Keep in mind, straw ones might take some time to learn. But give him the time because it's totally worth it! I cannot give my baby a cup without him tipping it or squeezing it after a half a minute. So regular cups will wait for when he'd older.

I ordered the fisher price ones you linked also. He already knows how to use a straw, but regular ones and juice boxes inevitably spill...

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:44 pm
yogabird wrote:
This is NOT leakproof. I get puddles on the floor if he drops it, and decent-sized spills just from banging upside down on the high chair Sad .

Also, if it's not full till the top, he literally has to tilt the cup so much it presses into his face to be able to drink.

Nice concept, but not impressed.

Really? Not my experience at all... Sorry to influence you to waste $$!

yogabird

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 12:55 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
Really? Not my experience at all... Sorry to influence you to waste $$!

No problem. My big girl will be thrilled to use it instead of him, especially since they sent me a pink one by mistake LOL

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 1:02 pm
yogabird wrote:
I ordered the fisher price ones you linked also. He already knows how to use a straw, but regular ones and juice boxes inevitably spill...

Hope you like them. You need to leave them open every night if you don't want to be busy cleaning mold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics