Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Dear neighbors

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 7:47 pm
Dear neighbors,

I would like to take this time to say that using someone else's things without permission is STEALING. We have asked your kids many times not to be in our yard or on my children's toys (they have broken many of them). They keep coming back. YOU even bring your kids to our yard to play! We are not a free playground. You have a yard. Get toys and use your own yard and stop bringing your kids to mine! 1. Your kids are rough on our toys and don't put them back 2. I don't want to listen to your kids hell and scream out my window. 3. I don't want the liability if your kids get hurt!

We have not even hinted we have straight up asked/told both you and your kids to not be in our yard or on our toys unless they are actively playoff with our children. Why is this so hard for you. YOU ARE STEALING.

- your annoyed neighbor who is tired of hearing kids playing in her yard while I take a shabbos nap.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 8:13 pm
And what makes you think your neighbor is on imamother, or if she is, that she will recognize herself?

rising hero

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 8:32 pm
Gate your yard and keep it locked. Posting an anonymous letter online will not change anything.

studying_torah

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 8:48 pm
Totally agree about the gate & lock, however I have had kids climb over fences too.... so it's not the perfect solution either.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:05 pm
"Good fences make good neighbors"--Robt. Frost, "Mending Wall"
The chutzpah is simply breathtaking. Your neighbor is obviously not going to change, not if she actually brings her kids to your yard after you have already spoken to her and told her not to. Either build a fence of a type and material her kids can't climb, top your existing fence with razor wire, or call the police next time they trespass. Any of these will be cheaper than your legal costs should one of her kids get hurt and she sues you--which you know she will. People like that always do.

anotherima

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:10 pm
Fences are expensive. Maybe you can just bring in all of your toys and not leave anything in your yard to tempt them?

piece

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:17 pm
do what it takes to makes it comfortable for you to live in your own home. build a fence.

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:26 pm
maybe I'm just evil, but rather than say anything again, I'd make a habit of having my kids go play in their backyard every time their house seems quiet. better yet, record your kids being wild and play the recording under their bedroom window at top volume at 11:30 every night.

ooh, ooh! tell the neighbors that there was a theft in your house and that the cops are coming to take fingerprints from everything you own, inside and out. then get a friend to come in looking official with some powder and a brush. have him go question your neighbors while you're at it...

you could also just tell your neighbors that due to a vermin issue in the neighborhood, you'll be spraying all the toys with poison.

send them a bill for the broken toys. rig up a bucket of ice water to drop on their heads if they come into your backyard. cover the seats of all your toys with wet paint (same color as the toys) and watch their kids walk around with bright red shabbos pants. better yet, superglue the kids to the seats. are the neighbors scared of animals? get one. train your kids to inform the neighbors that the dog is coming out to heed nature's call while you nap. purchase a trampoline, set it up in their yard, and spread the word to all the neighborhood kids. and tell the kids that the neighbors are giving free ices and cookies to all the kids who come. play offensive rap music in your backyard when they come. find another neighbor who can act scary and scare these nasty neighbors out of your yard. start feeding all the neighborhood cats in your neighbor's yard. rig up the toys to a device that yells, "warning! warning! intruder alert! self-destruct in 30 seconds!"

screaming obscenities at them every time they show up would probably be the cheapest option.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 11:11 pm
It's terrible that you have have to deal with that...

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 11:15 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
maybe I'm just evil, but rather than say anything again, I'd make a habit of having my kids go play in their backyard every time their house seems quiet. better yet, record your kids being wild and play the recording under their bedroom window at top volume at 11:30 every night.

ooh, ooh! tell the neighbors that there was a theft in your house and that the cops are coming to take fingerprints from everything you own, inside and out. then get a friend to come in looking official with some powder and a brush. have him go question your neighbors while you're at it...

you could also just tell your neighbors that due to a vermin issue in the neighborhood, you'll be spraying all the toys with poison.

send them a bill for the broken toys. rig up a bucket of ice water to drop on their heads if they come into your backyard. cover the seats of all your toys with wet paint (same color as the toys) and watch their kids walk around with bright red shabbos pants. better yet, superglue the kids to the seats. are the neighbors scared of animals? get one. train your kids to inform the neighbors that the dog is coming out to heed nature's call while you nap. purchase a trampoline, set it up in their yard, and spread the word to all the neighborhood kids. and tell the kids that the neighbors are giving free ices and cookies to all the kids who come. play offensive rap music in your backyard when they come. find another neighbor who can act scary and scare these nasty neighbors out of your yard. start feeding all the neighborhood cats in your neighbor's yard. rig up the toys to a device that yells, "warning! warning! intruder alert! self-destruct in 30 seconds!"

screaming obscenities at them every time they show up would probably be the cheapest option.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I almost wish I was OP so I could do some of these LOL
I would probably do the wet paint on the toys idea. Cuz I can be passive aggressive like that Twisted Evil Hee hee
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette