Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Convertible/Toddler Carseat Compatible with Snap n Go?
Previous  1  2  3

smile4

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:48 pm
I miss our infant car seat! It was so much easier to travel around with! We were able to use ours until 15 months as well Smile

Since this topic has come up, I want to mention something that many people don't realize - that the weight limit on these car seats is often exaggerated. They write the weight limit in big letters on the outside of the box, but then in the small print, they say that there is also a height limit, and the seat is outgrown once either of the limits is reached Sad For example, the Graco Snugride 35 has a limit of 35 lb or 32" or when there is 1" of shell left above the baby's head. When any of these limits is reached, the seat is outgrown. I wish the manufacturers would be more upfront about this!

MrsDash

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 1:56 pm
yogabird wrote:
Believe me, is that would've been an option I wouldn't be here agonizing over this. He's currently in the Graco 35 and I can't even fasten it if he's wearing a sweater Smile

Have you tried the Graco snugride 40? It's good until 40 pounds and 35 inches. My chub-monkey 13 month old is in one, and I use it with the snap & go stroller. It's a breeze, I love it!

smile4

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 2:45 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Have you tried the Graco snugride 40? It's good until 40 pounds and 35 inches. My chub-monkey 13 month old is in one, and I use it with the snap & go stroller. It's a breeze, I love it!

The Snugride 40 is the longest lasting infant seat on the market! I wish I had bought it when my baby was born - I'd still be using it now at 20 months! I was actually just thinking of recommending it here, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying for a 15 month old :/ - it's expensive and the child might outgrow it soon depending how tall he/she is.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 2:51 pm
I also think its a sad day when the baby outgrows the snap and go, since its so convenient for on the go naps etc. That said, I find when the baby gets above a year give or take a few months, it starts getting very heavy to lift the seat plus baby in and out.

Shoelover

Post Fri, Oct 09 2015, 6:12 pm
Orbit baby

yogabird

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:25 pm
smile4 wrote:
The Snugride 40 is the longest lasting infant seat on the market! I wish I had bought it when my baby was born - I'd still be using it now at 20 months! I was actually just thinking of recommending it here, but I'm not sure if it's worth buying for a 15 month old :/ - it's expensive and the child might outgrow it soon depending how tall he/she is.

Yeah, I checked it out and don't think it makes sense for me to spend that kind of money now. I do wish I'd known about it when he was little and we were looking at infant seats.

yogabird

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:26 pm
Shoelover wrote:
Orbit baby

Someone already suggested this upthread, but it's WAY out of my budget.

yogabird

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:28 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I also think its a sad day when the baby outgrows the snap and go, since its so convenient for on the go naps etc. That said, I find when the baby gets above a year give or take a few months, it starts getting very heavy to lift the seat plus baby in and out.

Yes, it is already cumbersome. Even the snap and go frame is starting to feel a little wobbly under his weight, and the seat keeps sinking in and getting hard to lift out. But it's not like any of the other options are so appealing...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:29 pm
I don't know how anyone shleps an infant seat that weighs 9.6 lbs WITHOUT the baby in it. I'm not sure the convenience of it lasting a few more months outlasts the convenience of having a couple lbs lighter weight for the first 15 months or so when lighter weight seats would work too!

yogabird

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:32 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Baby wear and use the stroller's seat for the car seat to rest on?
I almost missed this. It's an interesting thought. I think it may have crossed my mind already. But I can't see it working for several reasons. I also thought of getting a double stroller and using one seat for the car seat, but decided that it's just too weird and far out.

How unsafe is it to put the carseat inside the seat of the stroller with baby in it? Does it even fit?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 9:38 pm
I wouldn't do it, I can't imagine it would rest in it properly. My only thought is maybe, MAYBE if you have one of the old style universal car seat carriers that the infant seat belted in, you could try belting in a convertible one, but I'm not sure how well a convertible would fit, PLUS I don't know if the resting base would be strong enough to handle an upright seat plus toddler in it.

yogabird

Post Sat, Oct 10 2015, 10:29 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I wouldn't do it, I can't imagine it would rest in it properly. My only thought is maybe, MAYBE if you have one of the old style universal car seat carriers that the infant seat belted in, you could try belting in a convertible one, but I'm not sure how well a convertible would fit, PLUS I don't know if the resting base would be strong enough to handle an upright seat plus toddler in it.

I do have that kind of carrier, and can't see it working. It's already buckling under his weight.

teddyb

Post Sun, Oct 11 2015, 12:29 am
yogabird wrote:

Oh, and if anyone can recommend a great umbrella stroller for under 100 I'd very much appreciate that Smile

I have the mia moda facile double umbrella stroller which was under $110 when I got it a couple years ago and ive been very happy with it. It comes in single for cheaper. its kinda like a cheaper version of the mclaren from what I can see- tho the hood isnt that great (tho better then a cheapo umbrella stroller) it reclines, has a small basket and pushes decently (for an umbrella stroller)

heres a link if you want to check it out http://www.amazon.com/Mia-Moda.....TJQMI
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics