Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cleaning help lakewood

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 10:50 am
Moving to Lakewood Iyh In next few things . I'm used to a lot of cleaning help. I'm wondering how it works here ?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 10:51 am
* weeks. Sorry

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:41 pm
very tough. I dont take them bec they are too expensive. I make dh help me. thats the only way I manage. dont forget if you have bedrooms upstairs. noone sees it. its the downstairs I focus on. then in middle of week when I get time I do upstairs. do the best you can.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:54 pm
What means expensive ?

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:57 pm
anything I dont afford. and can get away without having to spend. I just dont have that type of cash. even if its once a week. I have so many other important things I need to pay first.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:06 pm
Just wondering how much they ask for? I'm getting really nervous

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:20 pm
why are you so nervous? it does take time to get used to a new place. do you have kids that can do some stuff around the house? there are so many things to get used to so its overwhelming. but imyh' this will be mishane makom mishane mazel. so dont worry. its good to not depend on them solely because of this problem. so think of a way that you will get things under control. make very easy suppers, disposable pans. will you have a dishwasher? probably yes, most houses do. laundry is the same as now. so no difference. as far as washing floors. some rooms dont need washing every week. its hard for me so I alternate weeks. if your house will be bigger then now then it will be different. not everyone is ontop of each other so things dont get so dirty. I dont think worrying about it now is a good idea. you need to move in first and see how things go.

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:21 pm
they charge anywhwer from 10-12

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:23 pm
I am sure if you can afford cleaning help and can hire a nanny then I am sure you will find. there are plenty of wealthy pp in lake wood that have cleaning help round the clock

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:36 pm
I'm not wealthy. But cleaning help is a must for me. Everyone has things Important to them. Any idea where I can get cleaning help? 10-12 is ok.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:39 pm
OP there are plenty of people around Lakewood that have plenty of cleaning help. I have neighbors that have daily help. Nothing to get nervous about. If you are willing to pay for several hours a day, it should be easier to get help, because they like to have several hours scheduled in one area. It's harder to get help if you need just a few hours, because then you have to team up with neighbors, as no one is going to travel to you for just a minimum job.

Sourstix, I'm sure you have good intentions, but if the OP is asking about cleaning help, why are you discouraging her and telling her to put her DH and kids to work? Is cleaning help so much more expensive in Lakewood than it is elsewhere?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
OP there are plenty of people around Lakewood that have plenty of cleaning help. I have neighbors that have daily help. Nothing to get nervous about. If you are willing to pay for several hours a day, it should be easier to get help, betcause they like to have several hours scheduled in one area. It's harder to get help if you need just a few hours, because then you have to team up with neighbors, as no one is going to travel to you for just a minimum job.

Sourstix, I'm sure you have good intentions, but if the OP is asking about cleaning help, why are you discouraging her and telling her to put her DH and kids to work? Is cleaning help so much more expensive in Lakewood than it is elsewhere?

Whom do I contact ?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:42 pm
I don't know. Whenever I have wanted cleaning help, I've asked friends and neighbors for leads.

There are also some local woman who have agencies of sorts....sometimes I've seen them advertised in the local paper.

sourstix

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 1:49 pm
just trying to calm her down. look in bp weekly, lakewood shopper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating