Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why should dh and I work?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 9:38 pm
B"h I have 3 kids and I worked till I became pregnant w/ 3-rd.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Apr 22 2007, 9:58 pm
and your kids are how old?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 7:28 am
ages 3, 8 and 11 and planning on the next one in the near future iy"h.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 5:02 pm
Is your 3 year old at home or in kinder/childcare?

creativemommyto3

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:12 am
I know that I am going to get bitten for this but eventhough I work, my husband says that if it ever gets to hard for me to function that HE will get a second job. After all, parnassa is the husband's job! After all, women have a lot of jobs themselves, 1)wife 2)mother 3) cook 4)cleaning woman 5)home organizer 6)laundry lady . did I forget anything? There was an article in the mispacha magazinfe a while back saying that if women got paid for all that they do it would amount to over 121,000$ a year.

Recently my husband and I divided the chores in the house b/c it is impossible for me to do everything. This is the only thing that is helping me continue to work. If he wouldn't help me then I can't do it. I think that being a SAHM is a job in itself and it is wrong to think that a woman shouldn't stay home just to pay for tuition. I happen to think that the schools are making their prices what they are b/c they know that many women work so why not get as much money as we can. If it were the trend that women didn't work, then the prices could be lower!!

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:22 am
amother wrote:
it used to be that a man would work on the field while the women would be home raising her children.
well todays days I must say men are much more involved with the children then they used to be.
men are helping out at home and doing chored which normally a women would do , whether its bathing the kids, washing dishes, helping with laundry, doing the shopping.....the list goes on and on.
Im not saying all men help out at home, yet their involvement in the womens duties are very much so in this generation.
!!

I don't know many situations in which a man helps in a significant way. A man helps only if he "feels like it." Many women are doing about 90% of the housework childcare and have another full time job outside the home! While many men seem to be working less AND using their privilege of not needing to help at home, unless their wives BEG them Mad

creativemommyto3

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 2:16 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
it used to be that a man would work on the field while the women would be home raising her children.
well todays days I must say men are much more involved with the children then they used to be.
men are helping out at home and doing chored which normally a women would do , whether its bathing the kids, washing dishes, helping with laundry, doing the shopping.....the list goes on and on.
Im not saying all men help out at home, yet their involvement in the womens duties are very much so in this generation.
!!

I don't know many situations in which a man helps in a significant way. A man helps only if he "feels like it." Many women are doing about 90% of the housework childcare and have another full time job outside the home! While many men seem to be working less AND using their privilege of not needing to help at home, unless their wives BEG them Mad

I agree. I had to beg for my husband to consistently help me . I told him that if he really wants me to work that this is what he has to do. It took a lot of crying on my part since I was overwhelmed. I seriously don't think that it is right to think that a woman should be working just to make the tuition payments. I for one don't think that the yeshivas charge a fair tuition. This is a major debate these days. Working takes a lot out of a woman. Is isn't fair to say that she HAS to do it? Ppl should be saying that if there is not enough money for tuition that the MAN should be working two or three jobs so they can have the money. The woman should working should not be in the equation but unfortunately it is.

amother

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 3:12 am
arita430 wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
!!

I agree. I had to beg for my husband to consistently help me . I told him that if he really wants me to work that this is what he has to do. It took a lot of crying on my part since I was overwhelmed. I seriously don't think that it is right to think that a woman should be working just to make the tuition payments. I for one don't think that the yeshivas charge a fair tuition. This is a major debate these days. Working takes a lot out of a woman. Is isn't fair to say that she HAS to do it? Ppl should be saying that if there is not enough money for tuition that the MAN should be working two or three jobs so they can have the money. The woman should working should not be in the equation but unfortunately it is.

I agree with everything that was said.

why does it have to be this way? if both spouses work, why should a awife have to beg her husband to help in the house? if a woman works then the household things have to also be split.

I told my husband that if he gets a job that will enable us so that I do not have to work, I would be more than happy to stay at home and keep house.....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics