Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidim moving to Staten Island
Previous  1  2

mommy100

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:30 pm
Alot of Ger has moved ther this is a link to current available apt in the willoborook area http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin.....cid=1

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:36 pm
Side note: why is it that Jews (Chassidim in particular) tend to choose the most ghetto areas to move into (that later become totally overpriced). That are much nicer areas in Staten Island where you can get a bigger bang for your buck, as well as on Long Island and throughout the Tri State Area (venture 8 miles away from Monsey and you can find gorgeous, large homes for very affordable prices, but buy inside monsey and pay $700K for a semi-attached on a small lot in the ghetto). I wish every 30-50 families would just be required to pick themselves up, move, and form new communities where they see fit (and that it would be acceptable to travel 1-1.5 hours each way to school/cheder).

sourstix

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:41 pm
I have a partial answer. not worth going into.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:44 pm
I'm sorry I commented that as a side humor more than as a serious question. I didn't think that anyone would answer that sarcasm.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:44 pm
Any updates on this post?

sourstix

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:49 pm
a classmate of mine moved to staten island. she doesnt want to relocate her kids schools. be close enough to ny. family and freinds. and still afford to buy housing. I dont think its the smartest because what is the future of children of brooklyn? and I mean pp living in these expensive places. their kids wont afford the housing so they will need to move. this is what is happening. but we need to switch to cheaper housing. the problem is that chasidim dont move so easily. there is no real answer to it. we eat different hechsherim... our lifestyle is different then yeshivish. the women dont drive. its different. cant explain

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:14 pm
Im wondering how do people from staten island get to manhattan? Like for shopping or doc appts? Its a real trek, no? Is there a plan for subway underway at all?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
Im wondering how do people from staten island get to manhattan? Like for shopping or doc appts? Its a real trek, no? Is there a plan for subway underway at all?

Either you drive or take the ferry and then the subway

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:50 pm
I dont drive..
Question is how you get to the ferry...??>?>?>

Kumphort

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:15 pm
Take the bus.
There are also busses straight to the city

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:17 pm
a bus is no fun when I need to drag along a baby...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating