Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Breakfast delivered in Jerusalem

dddpssu

Post Fri, Sep 18 2015, 12:20 am
Hi,
If someone wants to order a breakfast to be delivered to a seminary girl, where can they call? I know there are ladies that have home businesses where they make a beautiful breakfast basket and deliver it. Any names or numbers?
Thanks in advance

Merrymom

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 11:50 am
I'd love this too. While we're asking does someone have a website that would could help seminary students on the basics, like which bus card to buy, etc. ?

EBY

Post Thu, Oct 08 2015, 1:30 pm
beitarbake@gmail.com

Merrymom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:23 am
What is this? Baked goods or a regular full breakfast? My daughter is getting served Israeli cereals and oatmeal for breakfast and is just miserable about it. I feel very bad for her since I told her how wonderful Israeli breakfasts are, but it seems the seminary wants to serve an "American" breakfast instead.

fluffernutter

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:30 am
Merrymom wrote:
I'd love this too. While we're asking does someone have a website that would could help seminary students on the basics, like which bus card to buy, etc. ?

There is the Yeshiva-Seminary Israel guide that has a lot of information in it. Specifically geared to students in E"Y.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:40 am
Do you mean that book about warning girls about all the negative stuff that can happen away from home (great book btw)? That's the only one I know about and doesn't have any practical daily living information.

fluffernutter

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:47 am
No. Thats a totally different one. This one is called the Seminary-Yeshiva Israel Guide - or something like that. I don't think you can even get it in the US. They distribute it to the seminaries and yeshivos.

pickle321

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 11:48 am
Merrymom wrote:
Do you mean that book about warning girls about all the negative stuff that can happen away from home (great book btw)? That's the only one I know about and doesn't have any practical daily living information.

I don't think that's what she is referring to. There is a guide for yeshiva and seminary students that has a lot of useful information. I'm curious about the book you mentioned, can you give more info?

Smile1234

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 12:05 pm
There's also the main Newcomers Guide (they make the seminary guide as well) that is much more inclusive. The new edition is coming out in January I think. But any anglo whos been living in Israel for a few years should have many old copies, she can ask someone for a copy.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 2:43 pm
Does she have access to a fridge? The local makolet has delicious milchigs and salads. Those worth a pita would be very filling and yummy.
Add in a tomato and cucumber and you are Israeli!

EBY

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 3:52 pm
Sorry for the lack of info. The email I posted above beitarbake@gmail.com is for a woman who sells baked goods but also does small-scale customized catering (badatz). She can definitely do healthy yummy breakfast. For what you are looking for it sounds like it would be worth contacting her (Dina) to see if she can do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions