Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Solids

wazup

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 12:23 pm
my baby is 7 months old. I started giving her solids about a month ago. tried rice cereal and a bunch of baby jars but she is totally not interested in any of them. she refuses to eat it and spits out out all over the place! at one point she was eating the rice cereal nicely but now nothing. any tips on getting her to eat?

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:18 pm
I had a child like that. She hated baby food. She was so much happier and ate so much better when I gave her table food that had more texture and seasoning.

Try mixing cereal in with the jarred food to make it thicker or make your own baby food that has more lumps. Ask your pediatrician if your baby is developmentally ready for finger foods like Cheerios and Puffs or small pieces of baked potato or other foods.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:21 pm
Keep trying different foods. My baby doesn't like mush so much. He did better with real food that was very soft. Tiny soft posers of French toast, challah, eggs, kugel, soup vegetables.

June

Post Tue, Oct 13 2015, 1:26 pm
My little girl hated (and still hates) to be fed. So by the time she was 9 months old, she was eating very soft cooked vegetables and fruit on her own. I slowly added in cooked eggs, very soft boiled chicken, soft cooked veggie burgers, etc.

Now she's 15 months and a very self-sufficient eater, BH.

Google "baby-led weaning." It's messy, but it worked much better for my baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics