Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Avon

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:01 pm
Has anyone worked as a sales representative at home for Avon?
I'm just wondering if it's worth it to actually pay some money to start with this job. Does it require a lot of phone sales? do I have to go out of my house for sales?
I do have a baby in the house, but I'm trying to work part time from home whenever I can.

trixx

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:36 pm
I would stay away. You have to nudge everybody, lay out money for merchandise, it's a pyramid scheme where the people on top make money. I would never pay their prices if I can buy better quality item same price in the mall where there's return policy. Google for reviews and see what people say about it. Just a schlep and a nuisance in my opinion

seeker

Post Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:42 pm
I don't know much about Avon, but I've worked as a sales rep for a couple of similar companies. If it's anything like other MLM networks:
1. Have you used the products? Do you love them? How much do you love them?
2. How much time and energy are you willing to put into this? What you give is what you get, but at the beginning you will need to invest more time while getting less income. So if you need a steady income from the outset this is not going to get you rich quick, though there is potential for future growth.
3. You mention paying money to start. Ask: How much is it? Do you get anything for that money? Do you need to keep paying in to stay active? How much? How often?
4. You don't necessarily need to go out of home, but it usually helps.

Grandmama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2015, 11:54 pm
I have been selling Avon for over 20 years. The start up fee is minimal and there is no minimum purchase. It's not an MLM at all. You call the company directly and buy direct. You earn a commission based on the amount of sales; the more you sell the higher your earnings. Their products are excellent quality and they accept returns no questions asked. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have more questions.

mille

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 7:31 am
Grandmama wrote:
I have been selling Avon for over 20 years. The start up fee is minimal and there is no minimum purchase. It's not an MLM at all. You call the company directly and buy direct. You earn a commission based on the amount of sales; the more you sell the higher your earnings. Their products are excellent quality and they accept returns no questions asked. Feel free to pm me anytime if you have more questions.

A quick google search shows that it is most definitely MLM, and that there was a change 10 years ago which made it follow more of an MLM model. Perhaps you weren't aware of this change, as you have been selling prior to 2005, but it is definitely multi-level marketing at this time.

Grandmama

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 8:29 am
It can be MLM if you sign up through their leadership program but it definitely is not MLM. If I bring someone in I get a one time gift not a percentage of profits. I still make money only on the actual products I sell. But my advice is that the main reason I stay with the company is because I love their products. I can buy anything from shampoos & deoderants; makeup & clothing; toys & household gifts & jewelry all at incredible prices with my discount. I only sell to those who want to buy so I'm not a really pushy saleswoman. And as far as I know you can still join by calling the company's direct 800 number and visiting a local office one time.

Grandmama

Post Fri, Oct 16 2015, 8:30 am
It can be MLM if you sign up through their leadership program but it definitely is not MLM. If I bring someone in I get a one time gift not a percentage of profits. I still make money only on the actual products I sell. But my advice is that the main reason I stay with the company is because I love their products. I can buy anything from shampoos & deoderants; makeup & clothing; toys & household gifts & jewelry all at incredible prices with my discount. I only sell to those who want to buy so I'm not a really pushy saleswoman. And as far as I know you can still join by calling the company's direct 800 number and visiting a local office one time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers