Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Upsherin entertainment Lakewood

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 9:06 pm
I'm looking for entertainment ideas for an upcoming upsherin in Lakewood, not too pricey. TIA

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 9:19 pm
there is someone who does party entertainment and is reasonable. Hindy's Happy Hour 718-431-5743

sourstix

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 9:22 pm
just curious why wouldnt you just make some pekelach that has some nosh and some prizes keep the kids entertained? why spend money on something like this? not being critical but it seems you can save this money. just dont understand

sourstix

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 9:23 pm
and the kids keep each other busy. its not a simcha that has many hours.ok enough quesitons

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 10:12 pm
A lot of people (mostly family) are coming to the upsherin and I think it would be nice if there was some sort of structure for the kids. It is a party for a kid not a sheva brachos, so there could be something geared to kids. I also don't want all these kids to end up going wild on us...
Of course, I would rather not spend the money, so if there is something cheap that can entertain the kids, I would consider that too.

sky

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:07 am
moon bounce rental?

Party games run by adults:
Pass the Present around...
Pin the yarmulaka on the boy

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:30 am
My sister had a table on the porch (in the summer) with stacks of half-circle shaped cookies, royal icing, sprinkles, and colored sugar. Her 12-year-old daughter directed the Yarmulka cookie decorating for the kids. They also played a pass-the-present type of game, directed by her bigger girl and assisted by some cousins.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 2:15 pm
Aharon HOmnick does a great magic show. It will keep the adults as fascinated as the kids. Don't know how much he charges, though. (Aharon the Magician)

balibusta

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 6:32 pm
kids Entertainment LKWD reasonable to come to house by the hour

12rivkyk34

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:15 pm
d!ck Rainer- juggler, balloon maker & unicycle if you have the space.
Really good for kids!
267 474 7417

mommyla

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 8:15 pm
Go to Michael's (or better yet, Amazing Savings) and look for a project that will entertain a range of ages. We did foam stickers on various projects (door hangers, visors, I don't remember what else) and it worked out great, entertained kids ages 2-12 (and the bigger kids helped the little ones), provided you don't mind sweeping up zillions of sticker backs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics