Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Sheva Brachos on Purim!!

saffronmum

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 1:03 pm

My little bro is getting married in March IYH and we are doing Sheva Brachos on Purim day!!!!!

Would appreciate any ideas for themes - id like us all to dress up to the theme if possible. I have four little kids.

Thanks.

fbc

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 1:42 pm
So cute! Mazal tov! I feel like there is so much you can do here. You can do the purim story and have everyone dress up as different characters of purim story. You can have girls dress up as kallahs, boys as chassanim. Something with your last name? If you can twist it to be something similar to what it is,if can be really cute. Or something with chosson and kallah names. Of chosson is shalom, or kallah shulamit, you can do a 60s theme with tye dye and peace signs. Or something with their combined initials. SNS can b stars n' stripes, for instance. Be creative!!! And if you can't think of a theme, color schemes where everything is coordinated (including kids outfits) can b really cute! Or another idea...do a "replay" of wedding. One kid can be chosson/kallah, mother/father of chosson kallah, bubby/zaidy, whatever!!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 2:21 pm
Ask your kids!
Their ideal costumes may be the best inspiration.
My idea; mazal Adar dagim. Different types of fish! If you serve rice, shape it into a fish on the platter. Go overboard since it's Purim!

animeme

Post Sun, Oct 18 2015, 5:44 pm
Mazal tov! I would remember that with what wedding and Purim so close together, and sheva brachos and little kids, simple is best in terms of what to expect from the kids. So a theme of "masquerade" or "v'nahafochu" allows each kid to be whoever they feel like being that day, or to be themselves when they decide they no longer want to wear their costume just before the seudah.

saffronmum

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 6:56 am
Thanks so much for the ideas...my bro goes by his english name - Leigh (Lee - but my parents wanted to be different and went for Leigh) and his Kallah is called Kayley so there is a "Lee" in common but im not sure how to incorporate that.

The surname is Finegold - so I could get gold disposables and ask everyone to come dressed in something gold??

Also my DH really wants him and the 2 boys to dress up as chossids - not sure where that fits into a theme or what the girls and the guests can dress as! Confused

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 9:39 am
saffronmum wrote:
Thanks so much for the ideas...my bro goes by his english name - Leigh (Lee - but my parents wanted to be different and went for Leigh) and his Kallah is called Kayley so there is a "Lee" in common but im not sure how to incorporate that.

The surname is Finegold - so I could get gold disposables and ask everyone to come dressed in something gold??

Also my DH really wants him and the 2 boys to dress up as chossids - not sure where that fits into a theme or what the girls and the guests can dress as! Confused
I saw a chossid mama costume. The costume had dolls sewn all over the dress hanging off.

I am following this thread as I am going to a SB on Purim. Different couple though.

Chana4

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 10:07 am
MY brother got married two days before Purim and people were too drunk to realize any theme. Everyone just got dressed up as they were and lucky for us all remembered to show up. It was a few families that grew up together so it was intimate and cute.

As a side point my SIL did not know what hit her. She talks about it as if it was the funniest thing she experienced.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 11:56 am
I got married before Purim and had SB on Purim. It was so nice! No theme. The kids were all dressed up in their regular costumes. Adults, some wore funny hats/glasses. Lebedige music and dancing and drinking. The spirit is in the atmosphere!

booboomom

Post Mon, Feb 15 2016, 10:09 pm
My cousin got had sheva beach is on Purim. There was no them to the party. The chosson and kallah both wore white shirts, black jackets and black tie... Very classy.
If you want that to be a theme, it can look nice for a sheva brachos... Either black tie or black and white.

Gold is a nice idea, especially because it's in the name. You can go with achashveirosh's party to make it more purimdik, and because there was a lot of gold at the party.

Or do a "gan Eden mikedem" theme - lots of kedem wine, garden style party.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 1:01 pm
I know of a family that dressed up all the kids as waiters and the older ones where the one serving at the table

blossoming

Post Tue, Feb 16 2016, 2:11 pm
for shaloch manos you can give a wine bottle with a bow tie - you can create you own, together with a challah - wrapped in white tool.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 2:55 pm
you can go for the gold theme and have dh and boys dressed up as red areleh chassidim
( gold caftan) dunno what the girls can be...

Or go for na nach gold theme;

Boys: white or beige pants, na nach yamu,lka's, tucked out white shirts, tikun haklali necklaces, gold caftans, sandals

Girls: Hesh sheli tee shirts, long gold skirts, tikun haklali necklaces, gold mitpachat, lots of leather and gold braclets, sandals

and then decor for sheva brachot can be gold

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Feb 20 2016, 3:10 pm
what number sheva brachot is it?
maybe do some thing around the number....

this one is inspired by the sheva beach typo;
beach theme
Dress up with hula's, open tropical button down shirts, tan shorts/skirts, flip flops
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics