Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Orzo... Help????

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:18 pm
I may have posted this in past so forgive me if its a repeat.
But what in heaven can I do to orzo that's EASY and quick (and typical ingredients!)
Its so bland (at least when I make it!!!!) And salt isn't doing the trick.

BTW, I think there should be a forum category called "kitchen management/survival" cuz I never know if I should post in in household management, kosher kitchen, or recipe section when I post my ridiculous kitchen questions.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:21 pm
Main course or side dish and if side dish what are you serving it with and do you want it hot or room temperature?

Hatemywig

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 7:31 pm
Add fried onions to the Orzo or brown Orzo in oil, add water and spices and cook.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 12:29 am
Add spices to the water you boil the orzo in. I use salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.

Sauté veggies to add taste, texture and color to the orzo. I finely chop onion, mushrooms, and a red pepper and and sauté them together. Season with the same spices as above and mix the veggies and orzo together as soon as they're both cooked.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:02 am
I follow the recipe that was on the package I got the first time I bought it. (Well, I don't measure everything...)

Heat a bit of oil in the pot - about 1-2 Tbsp for 1 cup of orzo. Add the orzo and let it toast - it will start changing to darker colors. BEFORE it starts turning burnt colors, add 1 1/4 cups boiling water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Let simmer on med flame partially covered for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then cover pot completely and let it sit for 5 minutes (to absorb the rest of the water).

Serve hot and its a hit every time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes