Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Dd wakes up every two three hours

muss

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:13 pm
I'm going crazy. My dd 6 months wakes up every two three hours to nurse fully. Is this still normal for this age? What can I do to help her sleep longer?

Stars

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:23 pm
Try moving her out of your room. That's what worked for us. Also, at that age you can cut some night feedings already. If she wakes up, give her a paci, pat her back, anything but nurse. It takes 2-3 nights of some screaming but after a few days they get on with the program.

B'hatzlacha.

muss

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:54 pm
The problem is she doesn't take a paci. I wish she did. I'm sure it would help. I'm wondering what's normal for a baby that age. How much should they still be nursing at night?

Stars

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:57 pm
Did you try several types?

There really is no such a thing as normal with babies, every baby has their own pace. You can try finding some articles on the topic on BabyCenter.

pond user

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:02 pm
Mine did that till 9 months. The day I moved her out our room she slept 'like a baby'. For 12 hours straight.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:34 pm
my baby nursed until 11 months every three hours. I was losing my mind. only when I started giving Ds 2 solid food meals during the day did he start sleeping longer. Maybe your milk is not fatty enough and start giving her some solids???

wazup

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:45 pm
im having the same prob. dd is 7 months and still waking up. ive tried to get her to sleep other ways but nothing works. she cries until I feed her. im too exausted at night to do that for too long... id there anything to do but let her cry? I cant do that!

GetReal

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:49 pm
Three of my kids nursed every two/three hours until eleven/twelve months. One I sleep trained. I cut out one feeding at a time. So the first time he woke up, my husband went in, gave him a sip of water from a bottle in case he was thirsty, and patted him until he fell back asleep. When he stopped waking up for the 11:00 feeding we did it for the two am feeding. In a few days he was sleeping through until six. Good luck.

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:49 pm
It's normal, every baby is different. she might be ready for solids. Maybe cereal before going to sleep etc. if ur not ready to take her out if ur room, by all means don't.

Stars

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:51 pm
wazup wrote:
im having the same prob. dd is 7 months and still waking up. ive tried to get her to sleep other ways but nothing works. she cries until I feed her. im too exausted at night to do that for too long... id there anything to do but let her cry? I cant do that!

The two things that did it for me is 1. moving the child out of my room 2. paci/patting his back instead of nursing. The second resulted in a few nights of crying (in my hands and for five minutes tops vs CIO he could go on for an hour) He is not sleeping through the night at all especially with teething but it is a lot better than every 2-3 hours which is what he did till 8 months old.

wazup

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:04 pm
so she is not in my room anymore and I am feeding her solids. still not helping. patting her back and giving her a paci doesnt help either. funny thing is she used to sleep much better- she used to give me 7/8 hr stretches. all of a sudden she started waking more often. I chalked it up to teething but does that mean it will last until she gets all her teeth?

muss

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:15 am
Thanks for the responses. So last night I decided to try. The first time she woke up I fed her but when she woke up two hours later I let her cry. I tried giving a paci I tried rubbing her back nothing worked in a way it made her cry worse. She cried literally for an hour. I felt so bad I hoped I was doing the right thing. After an hour she fell asleep but woke up an hour later and then I just took her and nursed her. I don't know if I should do this again tonight?.

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:18 am
Go with your gut. Although this might take only a few days, and then you'll get longer stretches. But if you don't feel comfortable with an approach , don't do it. Or tweak it a bit

gp2.0

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:18 am
IME yes it's still normal for this age. You will both be miserable trying to sleep train at this point. It's not worth it.

ETA I see you wrote she may be teething. If she is, give her some Tylenol when she wakes up in pain. She'll go back to the long stretches in 4-7 days when the tooth is out. You can expect this sort of thing to happen a few more times, but not constantly. It happens when they have growth spurts too. It usually only lasts a week at most. Don't bother sleep training.

Miri1

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 11:07 am
I think you should be very sure she's teething before giving Tylenol.
It may be a growth spurt, try feeding her more during the day. Give her fatty foods - avocado, meats, full fat yogurt, cheese, as well as the cereal.

muss

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:39 pm
And it's not like she sleeps much during the day. She takes half hour naps here and there
She is just not interested in sleeping
Wish I knew what to do

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 1:40 pm
My baby was the same way at that age. It gets better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics