Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Back To The Future Day

Sanguine

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 3:26 pm
Thirty years ago in the movie Back To The Future Part II, Marty went to the future - To October 21, 2015!! (today!) So now we're living in the future LOL

Back To The Future Day

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 3:39 pm
I saw a funny meme along the lines of "They should remake Back to the Future, and instead of putting in flying cars, they should show everyone staring at their phones all day and getting offended by everything."

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 3:48 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Thirty years ago in the movie Back To The Future Part II, Marty went to the future - To October 21, 2015!! (today!) So now we're living in the future LOL

Back To The Future Day
And now that movie is in the past Wink

Sanguine

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 3:55 pm
Maya wrote:
I saw a funny meme along the lines of "They should remake Back to the Future, and instead of putting in flying cars, they should show everyone staring at their phones all day and getting offended by everything."
Right. 30 years ago there were no cell phones. There wasn't facebook. There was barely internet. Not internet with the WWW... There were modems (I worked in computers then, we were never "on-line" - just sent programs to clients by modem). No email. No PC's (maybe started then but no one had).

What did we do with all our time??

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 4:35 pm
There is a Destiny song that starts off "In 2014..." I remember hearing that as kid and thinking - wow, thats in a long time! Well, now thats passed. I wonder what my kids will think about that song. It isn't going to make much sense to them! Smile

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:13 pm
And then there's Country Yossi's "In the year תשע"ג"...

He mentions a Jewish president at one point in the song. Anyone remember which year, so I can mark it on my calendar? LOL

Jeanette

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:14 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Right. 30 years ago there were no cell phones. There wasn't facebook. There was barely internet. Not internet with the WWW... There were modems (I worked in computers then, we were never "on-line" - just sent programs to clients by modem). No email. No PC's (maybe started then but no one had).

What did we do with all our time??

There definitely were PCs. We had one at home. Not that you could do much on them.

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:35 pm
youngishbear wrote:
And then there's Country Yossi's "In the year תשע"ג"...

He mentions a Jewish president at one point in the song. Anyone remember which year, so I can mark it on my calendar? LOL

2012 -- passed

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:37 pm
fluffernutter wrote:
There is a Destiny song that starts off "In 2014..." I remember hearing that as kid and thinking - wow, thats in a long time! Well, now thats passed. I wonder what my kids will think about that song. It isn't going to make much sense to them! Smile

considering that the song is about the tragedy of the september 11th attacks, I think, if you explain it came out right after, they'll get it

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 5:42 pm
singleagain wrote:
2012 -- passed

How could that be? תשעג was 2013. That's the first date in the song, right? Scratching Head Nerd

singleagain

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 6:15 pm
youngishbear wrote:
How could that be? תשעג was 2013. That's the first date in the song, right? Scratching Head Nerd

I never heard the song, but maybe I added wrong...

ת - 400
ש - 300
ע - 70
ג - 3
------
5)773

plug into hebcal.com with today's month and day:

8th of Cheshvan, 5773 = Wed, 24 October 2012
ח׳ בְּחֶשְׁוָן תשע״ג

so, תשעג was from the end of 2012 through 2013

youngishbear

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 6:18 pm
singleagain wrote:
I never heard the song, but maybe I added wrong...

ת - 400
ש - 300
ע - 70
ג - 3
------
5)773

plug into hebcal.com with today's month and day:

8th of Cheshvan, 5773 = Wed, 24 October 2012
ח׳ בְּחֶשְׁוָן תשע״ג

so, תשעג was from the end of 2012 through 2013

Oh, ok. I get it. I just calculate ג is three.

So CY starts with that year, but as the song continues he goes further and further.

I don't remember which year he is up to when he mentions a Jewish president winning. If you've never heard the song you wouldn't know. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

professor

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 9:58 pm
I never heard that song. sounds funny, though!
no flying cars, no hoverboards... just boring iphones. how sad.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 1:25 am
Never heard the song before but had to look it up...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZyzHn0hiJ0

And it was "Taf Taf Shin" a "Jewish president will finally win". But that will be after bungalow colonies are On the moon and We get frum robots to work for us 24/6...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics