Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Pickled salmon with what?

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:13 am
I have never made pickled salmon before, but just bought a beautiful looking piece. There are some great recipes here- but if I wan to serve it as an appetizer on shabbos what should I serve it with. Also, we are having a mix of kids and adults- should I make gefilte fish as well???

ahuva06

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:16 am
A lettuce salad would be yummy with pickled salmon.

chaya35

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:17 am
What is pickled salmon?

I always see samlon served with an angel hair salad. I would definately make gefilte fish since I find alot of kinds dont eat salmon.

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:25 am
all what I have seen served with the angel hair pasta is an oven cooked salmon. Pickeled I think is boiling it with pickling spices onions vinegar etc. I think I will do one loaf of gefilte just in case.
becca- do you think nish nash salad is a good combo with it?

sourstix

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:32 am
you are going to serve the rest of the meal. if you serve something near the salmon be prepared that either the chicken wont be eaten or the chulent whatever you are going for. but definitley I would make gefilte alot of kids dont eat salmon.

sourstix

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:33 am
I serve salmon alone. perhaps some pickles or coleslaw. not more you want them to eat other stuff too.

ahuva06

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:40 am
eema1 wrote:
all what I have seen served with the angel hair pasta is an oven cooked salmon. Pickeled I think is boiling it with pickling spices onions vinegar etc. I think I will do one loaf of gefilte just in case.
becca- do you think nish nash salad is a good combo with it?

I think you can even go with a simpler salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber with a light olive oil, salt, pepper. It looks pretty and it's not so filling so your guests will still have room for the rest of the meal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics