Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Gluten free kneidlach?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:26 pm
Anyone have a recipe? Am trying to duplicate as many of my shabbos foods for a guess so she can have everything I am serving everyone else

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:34 pm
Chicken “Matzah” Balls

• 1/2 small zucchini, peeled and cut into chunks
• 1/2 small onion, peeled and cut into chunks
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
• 1 pinch black pepper
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 pound ground chicken

Combine the zucchini and onion chunks, salt, pepper and egg in the bowl of a food processer fitted with the knife blade. Process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add the ground chicken to the bowl and mix until well combined and sticky. Place the batter into the freezer for 15 minutes to make it easier to work with.
Fill a 4-quart pot 2/3 up with water. Salt the water and bring to a boil over high heat.
Working quickly with wet hands, form small balls and drop into the bubbling water.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Fluffiest when fresh.

smss

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:35 pm
http://kosherscoop.com/2013/03.....alls/

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:37 pm
You may be able to buy a kosher for pesach matzo ball mix - non gebrochts. I'm pretty sure at least one grocery store near me carries it year round.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:56 pm
glutenless wrote:
You may be able to buy a kosher for pesach matzo ball mix - non gebrochts. I'm pretty sure at least one grocery store near me carries it year round.

That sounds like the easiest option.
That is everyone for your ideas. I think I will go check out the health food store near me.
Also, can I cook it in my regular (clean) pots or is there a risk of contamination?

smss

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 9:58 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
That is everyone for your ideas. I think I will go check out the health food store near me.
Also, can I cook it in my regular (clean) pots or is there a risk of contamination?

Ask the person you are cooking for. This depends on whether or not she has celiac, and if it is just a gluten sensitivity, how sensitive she is.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:00 pm
smss wrote:
Ask the person you are cooking for. This depends on whether or not she has celiac, and if it is just a gluten sensitivity, how sensitive she is.

Sounds like a plan. I believe she has celiac. But going to give her a call and ask.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 10:05 pm
Why not just serve zucchini noodles. Yummy and so simple.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Aug 26 2015, 9:24 am
Rosemarie wrote:

The (frum) health food store I go to doesn't carry it, but I'm pretty sure the grocery store carries it year round. They have one of the regular brands, like Liebers, in a kosher for pesach version right next to the regular ones. We're not really into kneidlach, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it.

As far as the pots, if you wash them well it should not be a problem.

I would recommend going through the menu with her or with us on here, there are so many things that have gluten that you wouldn't think of, like soy sauce, onion soup mix, cornflake crumbs. One thing to look out for in the ingredients is barley malt. Some frum companies have products that are kosher for pesach all year round, so I will buy that company instead of the competitor, like that I don't have to worry about it.

myself

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 1:36 pm
You’ll want to prepare the matzo ball dough the day before you make your soup as they need to chill over night or at least 8 hours, plus at least 2 hours for the dough balls to chill after forming.

INGREDIENTS
4 large eggs
2 Tb chicken fat, or olive oil
1 large shallot, finely minced and squeezed dry in a paper towel
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 Tb finely minced fresh dill, rosemary or parsley or a combination of them all
1 tsp Kosher/sea salt
¼ cup homemade or high quality organic broth
1 cup gluten free matzah meal (see link for gf matzah recipe)

INSTRUCTIONS
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir well, beating as you would a cookie dough, with a wooden spoon.
Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
2 hours or so prior to serving, wet or oil your hands and pinch off about 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll into a ball then place on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Once you have formed all of the balls cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
About 45 minutes prior to serving, when your soup is ready, cook the matzah balls.
Drop each ball carefully into the simmering (just under a boil but not a fast bubble) soup.
Cover and cook for 35-40 minutes, until the balls are fluffy and tender.
Serve immediately and enjoy!

http://www.fullcircle.com/good.....alls/

JenniferK

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 2:18 pm
I just came across this post. Ra_mom what it zucchini noodles?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 4:13 pm
Jewishmommy2 wrote:
I just came across this post. Ra_mom what it zucchini noodles?

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....odles
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking