Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tichel rental or tichel store with wide choice

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 3:56 pm
Posting for a friend.
Do such places exist in NYC? My friend is looking for a place were she could find the perfect tichel to match her gown. It needs to be fancy. She wants to see the colors IRL. I wear sheitels so I'm not really in the know. TIA.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 4:23 pm
Check out this thread http://www.imamother.com/forum.....ichel

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
Posting for a friend.
Do such places exist in NYC? My friend is looking for a place were she could find the perfect tichel to match her gown. It needs to be fancy. She wants to see the colors IRL. I wear sheitels so I'm not really in the know. TIA.

her best bet would be to get some fabric that matches her gown. she can go to any fabric store.

kiwi strawberry

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 11:12 pm
There's a tichel store in Far Rockaway called the Tichel Shop that has lots of tichels. Or any hosiery/accessory store that sells snoods and tights and such sells tichels too, like Double Header, the Sock Exchange, etc.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 11:54 pm
Where is The Tichel Store? Can you pm me the information? I would love to know about it.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 3:06 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
Where is The Tichel Store? Can you pm me the information? I would love to know about it.

I just pm'ed you with her number but I'm not sure if it went through. Did you get it?

navz101

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 9:02 am
how about checking out ModLi, they have great elegant & fancy tichels
https://modli.co/headcoverings.html

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 11:50 am
navz101 wrote:
how about checking out ModLi, they have great elegant & fancy tichels
https://modli.co/headcoverings.html

3 posts today about this company, and previous ones as well. It looks like you work for this company and I'm not sure you're allowed to advertise like that on Imamother.
Thanks everyone else for your suggestions that I forwarded to my friend.

musicmom

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 1:06 pm
For all you tichel- wearers out there, I am sure you have a favorite shape and size to your tichel. For something specific, I suggest you go to your local fabric store. Even pricey fabric is by the yard, and if you just get the amount you need, you will be pleasantly surprised by the cost. I got some bridal looking fabric with sequins which was lovely. Put your favorite tichel on top of the fabric and cut the dimensions with sewing scissors. Most fabric won't even need to be sewn on the seam. Now you have your custom tichel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics