Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you put DD to sleep with earrings on??

itsme123

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 1:16 am
I used to put dd to sleep with her earrings on but lately she's complaining it's bothering her, she plays around with them and I find them on the bed... Was wondering what others do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 1:21 am
If they bother her take them off. My daughter is 7. She has had earrings since she is 3. Never a word from her, so she sleeps with them. Me on the other hand? Earrings bother me when I lie on my side so I take them off to sleep.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 1:23 am
unless its long, hanging earrings that are heavy or fragile, I don't see a reason not to. But if she has sensitive ears and its bothering her, whats the big deal to take it off before she goes to bed so that it doesn't get lost?

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 2:37 am
How old is she?

bigblueyes

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 4:10 am
Yes, dd got her ears pierced about 6 months ago and the woman told me to leave them in for a good while before changing them up. Also, little girls usually wear comfy huggy like earrings, and if you would take them out it would just increase their awareness of them and cause them to,fiddle. But if she is complaining, Mayb switch the earring.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 4:14 am
Get her thin tiny hoops. She'll hardly feel them.
I am very sensitive, so for years I would never go long without earrings in fear of my holes closing up.

fbc

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 8:42 am
Just want to mention what happened to me once...slept in stud earrings ( not tiny, just used the word stud to differentiate from hoops) and one became embedded in my ear lobe. Mom almost took me to doctor but finally got it out, with some blood on her hands...was painful. Also a friend slept in hoops once, earring got caught on something in middle of night and ripped right thru the hole. Needles to say, she needed stitches. Whatever you decide to do, be really careful!!

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:06 am
fbc wrote:
Needles to say, she needed stitches. Whatever you decide to do, be really careful!!

So, was that on purpose, or just a good typo?

fbc

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:07 am
Lol yes typo!!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:38 am
My DD also doesn't like to sleep with her earrings on. I put a tiny little ceramic decorative bowl on her dresser, and she knows that if she takes her earrings off they go in the dish. That way they don't get lost, and we know where they are.

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 5:11 pm
And now y'all know why I strenuously oppose piercing the ears of young children. The procedure should not be done before the child is old enough to take care of her own ears and put her own earrings in and out, as well as understand the importance of keeping the earrings in for the first however many months is required. If you wait till she's a teenager, so much the better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics