Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Kliene kinder,Kliene tzores: Groyse kinder, Groyse Tzores
Previous  1  2

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:14 pm
No doubt!

Another one I came up with myself. Why do we talk about "tzaar gidul bonim"? Because if we were told about tzaar gidul banos we wouldn't have taken the job.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:29 pm
I once heard a good one

Little kids are sooo cute, you could eat them up
When they become teenagers, you regret you didn't!!

ny21

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:33 pm
lol ! so far my teens are good. LOL

greenfire

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:57 pm
Ima'la wrote:
My children are kleine, but my sil has groise, and from talking to her (and they are sweet, frum aidel kinder!) I tend to agree with that and with withhumor! As she put, it kleine kinder take up a lot of physical energy and groise kinder take up a lot of emotional energy. Maybe that's why Hashem gives us kleine kinder when we're younger with more physical energy and groise kinder when we're older and hopefully wiser!

how wise is that for a young mommy - now if I can only find my mind ...

ny21

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:59 pm
I agree with you , Greenfire

Ima'la

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:42 pm
greenfire wrote:
Ima'la wrote:
My children are kleine, but my sil has groise, and from talking to her (and they are sweet, frum aidel kinder!) I tend to agree with that and with withhumor! As she put, it kleine kinder take up a lot of physical energy and groise kinder take up a lot of emotional energy. Maybe that's why Hashem gives us kleine kinder when we're younger with more physical energy and groise kinder when we're older and hopefully wiser!

how wise is that for a young mommy - now if I can only find my mind ...

just quoting an older (but not old!) mommy (my sil)... Wink

greenfire

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 10:53 pm
insanity is hereditary you get it from your kids!!!

so nu ima'la ... ask her where I can find my mind ... not sure when or where I lost it!!!

chen

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 12:22 am
mommyabc123 wrote:
I heard a nice one at wedding "Kleine kinder, kleine nachas, Groyse kinder, groyse nachas." The harder it is, the more nachas you get Very Happy.

Now this version I like!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 7:20 pm
do you, chen? ia lways hearsd that but I felt it was depressing.

Tefila

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 9:42 pm
I heard a different version "when they are little they make your arms ache, when they are older they make your heart ache"
I think all those sayings have some truth to them, but it called also be looked upon positively too 8)

chen

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:29 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
do you, chen? ia lways hearsd that but I felt it was depressing.

what's depressing about looking forward to bigger nachas as your kids get bigger? it's the original--kleine kinder, kleine tzores etc." that I found depressing. And they always say it to mothers of small children--talk about Job's comforters! You know, now that I think about it, I'll bet the original was kleine kinder, kleine nachas, and some cynic changed it to the "tzores" version. Tongue Out to you, whoever you were!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children