Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Would you lend/borrow a breast pump?
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:29 am
How do you go about getting one through your insurance? At what stage of pregnancy do you need to take care of it? Do they give good ones, or are they cheap lousy ones?

RedCurls

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
How do you go about getting one through your insurance? At what stage of pregnancy do you need to take care of it? Do they give good ones, or are they cheap lousy ones?

They often offer a choice of pumps that include Medela, Ameda etc and you don't even need to submit your claim directly but can do it through kellymom.com or aeroflow
Good luck!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 10:23 am
RedCurls wrote:
They often offer a choice of pumps that include Medela, Ameda etc and you don't even need to submit your claim directly but can do it through kellymom.com or aeroflow
Good luck!

At what point? I'm BH 11 weeks, I'm thinking that might be a little too early :-)

SRB

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:04 am
I suggest you contact your insurance company now...

I got a medela electric double pump covered by insurance. I did this just after the law changed to cover this (about 2 years ago). It was a long process because it was a new procedure for the insurance company and not all customer service reps new how to handle the situation. My hope is that it would be a smoother process now.

I strongly suggest you first contact your insurance company and ask them which vendors you can order a pump from and which models they will cover at 100%. When I did this, I had about 4 types to select from that they would cover 100% and a couple that would be partially covered. In general Medela electric double pumps are the best. However, a side-note, the bottles don't come with the pump so you need to get these at a store - target sells them, so do most stores that have a baby department.

After you verify your benefits with insurance and get the vendor and pump info, contact the vendor to order the pump. They should mail you a pump and bill insurance directly.

You are usually allowed one pump per pregnancy.

Also, after I came home with baby, I got a home visit by a lactation consultant covered by insurance. So you should check this also.

You can pm me if you need any more info.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 4:41 pm
SRB wrote:
I suggest you contact your insurance company now...

I got a medela electric double pump covered by insurance. I did this just after the law changed to cover this (about 2 years ago). It was a long process because it was a new procedure for the insurance company and not all customer service reps new how to handle the situation. My hope is that it would be a smoother process now.

I strongly suggest you first contact your insurance company and ask them which vendors you can order a pump from and which models they will cover at 100%. When I did this, I had about 4 types to select from that they would cover 100% and a couple that would be partially covered. In general Medela electric double pumps are the best. However, a side-note, the bottles don't come with the pump so you need to get these at a store - target sells them, so do most stores that have a baby department.

After you verify your benefits with insurance and get the vendor and pump info, contact the vendor to order the pump. They should mail you a pump and bill insurance directly.

You are usually allowed one pump per pregnancy.

Also, after I came home with baby, I got a home visit by a lactation consultant covered by insurance. So you should check this also.

You can pm me if you need any more info.

Amazing!! Thanks so much!!

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:10 pm
I don't know anything about insurance, but I would lend out the motor part, but none of the parts that attached to me, or came in contact with the milk.

I inherited one from my cousin. I use the motor, but replaced all the other parts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics