Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Ipod vs sandisk

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 7:38 pm
I'm a newbie to mp3 players as we still use CDs embarrassed but I'd like to start saving space by transfering all of my music to an mp3 player. Ipods seem so much expensive then sandisk. Are they easier to use? Also, the newer sandisks don't have the greatest reviews and say that the sandisk plus was the best. Is it worth buying an older model for double the price???

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 7:41 pm
I have an iPod classic and a Klipsch dock. My iPod is currently holding 16500 tunes. I also have an external hard drive (3T) filled with film and more music.

I like the iPod but I use it as a home stereo and take it with me for road trip music only.

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 7:43 pm
Can I not use the sandisk as a home stereo on a dock?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 7:46 pm
avimom wrote:
Can I not use the sandisk as a home stereo on a dock?

I have no idea, but I would think so.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:04 pm
I think they don't make anymore the ipod classic 160gb. I have that and it's fabulous.

The Sansa has a smaller screen a little harder (for me) to navigate the songs. I have the Sansa clip + too, I don't think it was that expensive. You buy one that has very little memory so it's cheaper and you put in a microSD card.

I use the sansa clip for children's stories and songs. It's more portable and not expensive so I don't mind that my kids use it alone, they take it all around the house. The ipod is docked to a speaker, I never need to charge it.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:19 pm
asmileaday wrote:
I think they don't make anymore the ipod classic 160gb. I have that and it's fabulous. ...

I bought mine just before it was discontinued, I wanted to hold the maximum amount of music and then use my HD to supplement it's contents. It is a great little unit.

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 8:31 pm
The clip plus is more expensive now because it's dicontinued... asmileaday- can your sansa also be docked?

asmileaday

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:43 pm
Docked as in charging while it plays? No. You can connect it to a speaker via the headphone jack but the battery gets drained. Perhaps you can also keep it plugged into the wall while it plays but I never tried that as I use it more in a portable mode.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:44 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Docked as in charging while it plays? No. You can connect it to a speaker via the headphone jack but the battery gets drained. Perhaps you can also keep it plugged into the wall while it plays but I never tried that as I use it more in a portable mode.

My dock charges as it plays. Don't most docks charge too?

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 9:44 pm
that's important, thanks!

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 7:32 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
My dock charges as it plays. Don't most docks charge too?

Not if it's connected to the dock through the headphone jack. As far as my experience is, only the iPod charges while it's docked. It's not connected through the headphone jack it's connected on the bottom.

But perhaps there are different kinds of speakers that so charge other players.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 7:46 am
Most speakers I have seen are designed to charge only the istuff - iphone ipod ipad. They also all have an option to connect an mp3 via the auxiliary jack but that will not charge your device.
You can try googling for a speaker that has a usb charging option for mp3.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 8:14 am
I have a couple of sansa sports. they are reasonably priced, the screen is very navigable, etc. But I lie it bc I can clip it onto my bandana or shirt and listen through headphones. To listen out loud you need a speaker and most of them are battery operated.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 10:29 am
asmileaday wrote:
Not if it's connected to the dock through the headphone jack. As far as my experience is, only the iPod charges while it's docked. It's not connected through the headphone jack it's connected on the bottom.

But perhaps there are different kinds of speakers that so charge other players.

No I don't connect through a headphone jack with the Klimpsch dock. I just set it in the dock. Klimpsch provides a inserts for the dock so that you can charge a variety of MP3s. Klimpsch aren't cheap, they are cheaper than Bose.

ETA: I just checked my clock radio in the bedroom, it's a Jensen and it has a dock that supports other MP3 players not just iPods. I just sit my iPod in it if I want to listen to a pod cast as I go to sleep.

avimom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 10:51 am
Thanks everyone

avimom

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 10:52 am
Thanks everyone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics