Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Gilad ben Merav - soldier stabbed near Hebron

etky

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 6:57 am
Urgent tefillot needed for Gilad ben Merav - the soldier stabbed north of Hebron this morning.
He is in very critical condition and is being operated on right now.
Stab wounds to the neck and head.

Snickers18

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 12:22 pm
I said Tehillim for him. Do you have his age so I can say the age appropriate kapitel? Hoping to hear a positive update!

etky

Post Mon, Oct 26 2015, 12:28 pm
Snickers18 wrote:
I said Tehillim for him. Do you have his age so I can say the age appropriate kapitel? Hoping to hear a positive update!

Yes - he's 19 years old.
The doctors at Shaarey Tzedek managed to stabilize him during surgery but he is still in very critical condition. The fact that he survived the half hour ambulance ride from Hebron to the hospital is a miracle in and of itself.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 27 2015, 9:53 pm
Any update?

etky

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 1:45 am
Yesterday I spoke with someone I know whose son is in Gilad's crew and who was in the area of the pigua when it happened. She is a nurse at Sha'arei Tzedek and has gone down to the ICU a couple of times to see what his situation is. He is still in very serious but stable condition. He is intubated and is in an induced coma following surgery. She said that he is expected to remain that way for a while. I guess that is why there are no updates in the media. He still needs lots of tefillot.
The soldier who was nearest Gilad when he was stabbed and who initially staunched the bleeding is the son of a close friend of mine. On Shabbat she told me that their crew had just been transferred to Beit Anoun, a town north of Hevron and that she was very worried....

etky

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 9:27 am
etky wrote:
Yesterday I spoke with someone I know whose son is in Gilad's crew and who was in the area of the pigua when it happened. She is a nurse at Sha'arei Tzedek and has gone down to the ICU a couple of times to see what his situation is. He is still in very serious but stable condition. He is intubated and is in an induced coma following surgery. She said that he is expected to remain that way for a while. I guess that is why there are no updates in the media. He still needs lots of tefillot.
The soldier who was nearest Gilad when he was stabbed and who initially staunched the bleeding is the son of a close friend of mine. On Shabbat she told me that their crew had just been transferred to Beit Anoun, a town north of Hevron and that she was very worried....

I am so thrilled to have been proven wrong on this. B'H there has been a dramatic improvement today in Gilad's condition!
He has woken up and is communicating with his family and is breathing on his own.
He is still in ICU in serious condition so he still needs tefillot for a full recovery.
Thanks to everyone who is davening for him and the other wounded soldiers and civilians.

jflower

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 4:28 pm
Chasdei Hashem! I'm so glad to hear this news and hope he makes a complete recovery.

bandcm

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 6:38 pm
Thanks for the update. I said tehillim and was wondering how he was doing.
Is it possible for someone to make a list of all the wounded since the recent terror started, so we have it all in one place?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 7:02 pm
Thank you for updating, Etky. What wonderful news. Another neis mishamayim. Thank G_d.

Snickers18

Post Sun, Nov 01 2015, 2:28 am
Thank you for the update. Baruch Hashem!

etky

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 4:40 pm
Hodu Lahashem Ki Tov.
Gilad was released to his home in Emek Yizrael yesterday.
Channel 10 had a clip about the pigua and the successful chain of life saving efforts that allowed his miraculous recovery. if just one thing had gone wrong he would not have made it.
It seems that his older brother Nadav was also severely wounded by a shell in Tzuk Eitan last year.
B"h, their parents have much to be grateful for.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 4:45 pm
There have been so many miracles with each stabbing attack. Besides the Nissim, it also helps that chayalim that are stabbed are young healthy strong people. Tonight's two stabbings of elderly people will really need a super miracle.

etky

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 5:19 pm
Sanguine wrote:
There have been so many miracles with each stabbing attack. Besides the Nissim, it also helps that chayalim that are stabbed are young healthy strong people. Tonight's two stabbings of elderly people will really need a super miracle.

Yes, I read that the 71 year old man from the Netanya stabbing is in bad shape. He is a new Oleh from France.
In Rishon one of the victims was an 80 year old woman. Her condition is also pretty bad.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 2:55 am
etky wrote:
Yes, I read that the 71 year old man from the Netanya stabbing is in bad shape. He is a new Oleh from France.
One of the Olim who left France to be safe from the anti-semitism there? Do you have Tehillim names?

etky

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 3:34 am
Sanguine wrote:
One of the Olim who left France to be safe from the anti-semitism there? Do you have Tehillim names?

No, I don't. If I find them I will post.
BTW the condition of the 80 year old woman from the Rishon stabbing (first name is Rachel) has apparently improved somewhat overnight.
The Netanya victim is still in very serious condition.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:57 am
I got this on our community email:

VICTIMS OF TERROR IN ISRAEL NEED TEHILLIM NOW (Updated 11/2)
Odelle bat Miriam
Natan ben Odelle
Moshe ben Orli
Nir ben Shoshi
D'vir ben Shoshana
Avraham ben Rut
Aharon Moshe Chaim ben Chaya Chana
Meir Yitzchak ben Sara
Adi ben Rut
Niv ben Yardena
Moshe ben Daisy
Moshe ben Edgach
Ron Shai ben Sigalit
Yotam ben Penina
David Shlomo ben Rachel
Nirit Chana bat Nitza
Yaniv ben Chana
Maor Efraim ben Fortuna Daniella
Liat bat Yael
Yosef Chaim ben Zahava
Na'or Shalev ben Rut Elisheva
Or'el bat Limor
Yom Tov Lipa ben Roiza
Yair ben Rozina
Shoshana bat Lulu
Moshe ben Bracha
Maya bat Elana
Sagi ben Orit
Yuval ben Miriam Chaya
Samuel Ono ben Antony
Pesach Ben Ruchel Miriam Hadassah
Gal ben Naomi
Rivka Bat Regina
Sahar bat Shoshana
Ron ben Chana
Adiv ben Fortuna Mazal
Daniel Chaim ben Revital
David ben Shoshana
Alon Chaim HaCohen ben Rita
Yehonatan Amiram ben Miriam
Yarden ben Orli
Meital Dikla bat Ninette
Menachem Yakov ben Chana Rachel
Gilad ben Meirav
Tahel bat Sigal
Sigal bat Jacqlin
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed