Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Add what age did you start Shabbos shoes?

gibberish

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:03 pm
At what age did you start with Shabbos shoes? For a son? For a daughter?

How much do you spend on weekday shoes? On Shabbos shoes?

Shoelover

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:05 pm
I got my son Shabbos shoes right away. But a lot of my friends get one for both. Like a dressier weekday.

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:18 pm
around age 2 for my girls, I don't have boys so don't know if it would be different. I spend between $20-$40 on weekday shoes and $15-$20 for shabbos (for shabbos I'm not as careful about getting good supportive shoes and don't care if their not leather since they don't wear them that often).

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:33 pm
When they ask, if we're given some or if we have a simcha that they need them for. The only thing is that you can't go back. If the child knows about special shoes for Shabbos, they will refuse their weekday ones.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:41 pm
With my oldest, she got her first pair of Shabbos shoes in primary (pre-1-a) for her siddur play. With the other girls, it was earlier than that - maybe 3 or 4 years old.

I try to buy shoes on sale. For example, this year I got DD vennetini shoes (with elastic) on myhabit for $40. I bought t-strap-style Shabbos shoes for her from sale rack in frum shoe store for $49.

Truth is, when she was younger I used to buy cheaper shoes, because she grew much faster and I didn't find it cost effective to spend more on better quality. At this point though, I can buy her shoes in September and her size won't change till Pesach time. So I find it worthwhile to buy a pair that is likely to last.

My DD has narrow feet, so I can't buy anything that is a wide cut, and she walks right out of loafers. I don't happen to like the elastic-band loafer look, but they work for her, so I've made my peace.

cm

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:46 pm
For a brand-new walker I went to Stride Rite to make sure they were high-quality and fit properly. Those shoes cost more than my own! Only one pair, and we went to Payless after that. I don't remember exactly when we started with two pair of shoes, but certainly by age 3 as she usually wore sneakers during the week.

smilingmom

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:48 pm
My oldest got her first pair of shoes for her Bat Mitzvah / 8th grade graduation.
Believe it or not, they never kicked her out of shul for not having the latest style shoes (she went every shabbos)

Each progressive kid got it earlier and earlier, the youngest got shoes from a gmach so probably around first grade.

GetReal

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 2:54 pm
My 3 year old has sneaker for weekday so I got her a $15 pair of Shabbos shoes. Stride Rite but from Burlington Coat Factory so much cheaper. My older daughter had nicer weekday shoes so she wore them for Shabbos until I got her Shabbos shoes for a wedding. Boys, I think also around 4 or so, started with a wedding and went from there.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 5:18 pm
Not the first pair because they outgrow it so fast but by the second pair I buy both. I shop Payless. I spend less than $15 a pair and usually combine sales and coupons for less than $10 pair.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 5:22 pm
The question is what color shabbos shoe do you buy your 2 yo dds for the winter? She had silver in the summer but I don't know if black matches her stuff - toddler clothing doesn't have much black I'm noticing.

FASMA

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 10:04 pm
Gold?
I buy a nicer pair for shabbos since little, I dont know, maybe their second pair and I buy from The Childrens Place or carters so not really expensive
I alternate between gold, silver, beige, whatever matches their shabbos clothing

sunny90

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 12:47 am
I only have boys but I got them Shabbos shoes at about 1.5-2 (usually it was for a family occasion and they wore them from then on).

cm

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:42 am
amother wrote:
The question is what color shabbos shoe do you buy your 2 yo dds for the winter? She had silver in the summer but I don't know if black matches her stuff - toddler clothing doesn't have much black I'm noticing.

Black patent leather goes with everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics