Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Pizza dough challah?

chocolatemilk

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 6:13 pm
I made pizza last night and the dough tasted so great that I want to try and make that same dough for challah. has anyone tried doing that b4? do u think it will work?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 7:28 pm
what is the recipe?

Ronit

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 7:52 pm
I don't think I would do that.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 8:20 pm
I would guess it would be too heavy. I tried using some challah dough for pizza once, and it was too fluffy, not "pizza" like at all.

Plonis

Post Thu, Mar 04 2010, 10:07 pm
I do it all the time :-)

But it's not like challah, just a nice dense loaf of bread. Although I always get compliments. Just leave it more time to bake. (Since it's egg-free it's not such a big deal if it's a little undercooked, but still.)

temimusdik

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 7:49 am
I know this post is from years ago but I wanted to do this exactly! My pizza crust was so yummy and easy to make and I wanted to try to make the same dough and bake it as challa loaves probably in a loaf pan.
How long and at what temperature would I bake it?? Smile

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:50 am
try one loaf and see how it works out. I often make garlic knots from pizza dough and they are yummy. I would think 30 mins (more or less) at 350 should work.

another option is to make a focaccia - throw on some onion and garlic and sprinkle with olive oil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads