Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Sleep "remedies"

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 10:19 pm
Does anyone have an essential oil, or spray or something, other then melatonin (bc my yr old DD won't take it), that helps your kids fall asleep?

I'm talking about a child who has a very hard time falling asleep, so I'm looking for anything that might help. Thanks!

myself

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 10:22 pm
You can try applying a few drops of lavender to your child's pillow. You might also want to try Valerian.

amazingmommy

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:06 pm
You also might want to try l-tryptophan

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:12 pm
myself wrote:
You can try applying a few drops of lavender to your child's pillow. You might also want to try Valerian.

I have one child who likes the smell of lavendar but it didnt have any calming effect on her...it actually kept her awake.

cla

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:15 am
"Nighty-night" essential oil by Plant Therapy. In a diffuser. They're sold on Amazon. The company was interviewed recently in Ami and I bought it and love it. Although admittedly I use it for myself, not my kids, to both fall asleep and stay asleep.

HelloG

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:23 am
Peace and calming by young living

chani8

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:57 am
amazingmommy wrote:
You also might want to try l-tryptophan

Please do not use an amino acid supplement, not this, nor melatonin, on a child.

Use herbs. They're safer.

Chamomile is really really effective, though disgusting, imo. I just tinctured it. You can buy it Stateside in a tincture. Very safe, healthy for the brain and tummy.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:23 pm
I have found a trial and error of different essential oils for different people in different ways helped us. Lavender has a great reputation generally but didn't do it for us. One thing that helped was diffusing patchouli before bedtime, then applying our current oil of choice topically at bedtime. Sometimes I think one works for a while and then need to change. right now we're using tranquil (by young living) and it seems to be doing well with no adverse effects (one of my kids sometimes has the opposite reactions - things supposed to be calming hype her up) I think it's because it has roman chamomile in it.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:33 pm
Thanks everyone. I'll have to look into the oils. I did put some lavender oil on her pillow last night, but didn't seem to help.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:53 pm
I would stress caution though when using on a young child. Many oils are contraindicated for use in young children. They should not be applied directly etc..
Diffusing would probably be a good option.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:02 pm
Right. I would get one specifically for children, or difuse it.

Has anyone heard of or tried the bach flower remedies?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics