Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
IQ for gifted

malky800

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 11:05 pm
Has anyone taken an online test or got one for a child ? Have you gotten one recommended by teacher or therapist?
I"m looking to test my child's IQ to see if she is gifted, and want to only use for that is reputable and real.

animeme

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 7:00 am
A real reputable I test needs a certified tester. You can request testing from your school district, particularly if you are looking to qualify dc for gifted programs. Also check in with a licensed therapist. Eother way, you wany a tester who knows frum kids and how to deal with frum answers (morah for teacher, etc). I'm sure there are online tests to predict if your child will likely test as gifted, but nothing official.

Why do you want to know? Except for qualifying for certain programs, it scores are often irrelevant, particularly since a lot of particularly bright kids don't test well in this type of format.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 7:26 am
I was tested through a private psychologist when I was very young. My sister was tested through school when she was maybe 7. This was at public school. She didn't score as gifted but was clearly very close so she was retested about a year later and qualified. So you can see it's not so exact.

My parents tested us mainly so we could go into gifted programs. Otherwise there's not much point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)