Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need Pediatrician in Brooklyn that's Vaccine Friendly

gp2.0

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 4:58 pm
Hi, so I'm looking for a nice pediatrician in the Flatbush, Kensington or Boro Park area that will be OK with an alternate vaccine schedule. Preferred if English is his/her first language.

Went to pediatrician today and I got yelled at and told to go elsewhere. I wasn't even doing an alternate schedule actually, I just needed a catch-up shot for my 5.5 yo DD (the catch-up schedule is planned by the CDC just like the regular schedule) and the doctor insisted there was no such thing and she needed the entire regimen of shots and got mad at me when I refused. Anyway. Any recommendations?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 5:22 pm
Abberback would never yell at you

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 5:59 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Hi, so I'm looking for a nice pediatrician in the Flatbush, Kensington or Boro Park area that will be OK with an alternate vaccine schedule. Preferred if English is his/her first language. 9

Went to pediatrician today and I got yelled at and told to go elsewhere. I wasn't even doing an alternate schedule actually, I just needed a catch-up shot for my 5.5 yo DD (the catch-up schedule is planned by the CDC just like the regular schedule) and the doctor insisted there was no such thing and she needed the entire regimen of shots and got mad at me when I refused. Anyway. Any recommendations?

Feldman / Bulmash

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:48 pm
mommy2b2c wrote:
Abberback would never yell at you

Abberbock is not taking new patients....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 11:07 pm
Dr. Mordechai Beityakov. He is in Flatbush on East 24th Street between N and O. He is Persian but speaks English fluently. He believes in vaccinating on schedule but wouldn't give you a problem if you wanted to do something different.

(Weren't you in Brooklyn already? Just wondering what happened with your old pediatrician?)

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 11:30 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Mordechai Beityakov. He is in Flatbush on East 24th Street between N and O. He is Persian but speaks English fluently. He believes in vaccinating on schedule but wouldn't give you a problem if you wanted to do something different.

(Weren't you in Brooklyn already? Just wondering what happened with your old pediatrician?)

Are you sure about that?
He seems to me to be so serious about doing it on schedule.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 12:47 am
I'm way way off schedule and he's not being overly pushy about it or anything. He definitely thinks I should stick to the schedule but he listens when I say no.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:32 pm
Thanks for the recommendations! How long do you usually wait in the waiting room? How much time does the doctor give you?

My main issue is with a doctor who is not willing to spend even two minutes discussing this. This doctor was so sure I was arguing against vaccines that she didn't even listen to what I was actually saying. That is so unacceptable. I used to have a doctor I loooooved but she moved. Sad

Mostly I'm fine with giving on schedule but my limit for one visit is 2-3 vaccines. I'm not comfortable with giving 5-7 different vaccines at the same time and it seems unreasonable for a doctor to get mad at me about that.

happyfaces

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 10:28 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! How long do you usually wait in the waiting room? How much time does the doctor give you?

My main issue is with a doctor who is not willing to spend even two minutes discussing this. This doctor was so sure I was arguing against vaccines that she didn't even listen to what I was actually saying. That is so unacceptable. I used to have a doctor I loooooved but she moved. Sad

Mostly I'm fine with giving on schedule but my limit for one visit is 2-3 vaccines. I'm not comfortable with giving 5-7 different vaccines at the same time and it seems unreasonable for a doctor to get mad at me about that.

You have all the rights! The doc I use wouldn't wana give more then 3 at a time.

gold21

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 10:54 am
Maybe look into Dr Kevin Norowitz in Kensington

He has a pretty flexible medical style, I think

I have a friend that uses him- she is on this website from time to time- I can ask her if u can PM her for info if u need
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics