Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Beef jerky????

EnnuiGalore

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:16 pm
Where can I get it CHEAP? Amazon has aufschnitt's for $4.79 a pack. Anyone know where I can get it cheaper, preferably online if possible? Otherwise I can call and get it sent to me. Obsessed with the stuff. Thanks

flmommy

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 6:48 am
We also love jerky. Cheapest way and it's super easy is to make it your self. Buy thin cut meat at butcher ( I buy thin slices turkey) marinate it in a bad with some soy sauce and spices and lay it across oven and cook for a long time on lowest oven setting.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 10:50 am
flmommy, how thin do you slice the raw meat? Cold cut thin or pepper steak thin?

EnnuiGalore

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 12:32 pm
flmommy wrote:
We also love jerky. Cheapest way and it's super easy is to make it your self. Buy thin cut meat at butcher ( I buy thin slices turkey) marinate it in a bad with some soy sauce and spices and lay it across oven and cook for a long time on lowest oven setting.

Interesting...I though you needed a dehydrator for this...but may try it

flmommy

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 9:55 pm
My butcher sells turkey labeled "sliced extra thin." That is what I use. Maybe you can ask e butcher to slice it if they don't already carry it.

mandksima

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 4:18 pm
I make it often in an oven. Marinate beef, chicken or turkey slices as thin as you can, lay on parchment or rack I oven on lowest setting for as long as it takes. Overnight and then some sometimes. I make ground beef jerky too. (Made tuna jerky last week but that was too weird tasting. I just wanted some pareve protein for my purse that would keep. )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen