Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help for moms who yell

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:06 pm
I need help. When I'm tired and overwhelmed and my kids are misbehaving I lose it- I yell and scream mostly at my oldest because he is the type of kid who acts out specifically when I'm having a hard time. I know it's more about me than him.
I always apologize afterwards, tell him I love him, and ask him to help when I say I need help. The irony is that he can be very helpful but when I'm having a hard time, he resorts to very annoying behaviors.
Has anyone worked on their yelling and really improved? Please give me guidance.

be good

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 10:16 pm
Sounds so hard!
I have heard that Perl Abramowitz is very good with this. You can hear her lectures at the akeres habayis hotline, 212-444-1900. Choose 7 for educational lectures, and then 2 for Perl Abramowitz, she has a lot of insight.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 11:01 pm
Google the Orange Rhino Challenge. Great blog with lots of helpful, practical tips and chizuk.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 12:26 am
be good wrote:
Sounds so hard!
I have heard that Perl Abramowitz is very good with this. You can hear her lectures at the akeres habayis hotline, 212-444-1900. Choose 7 for educational lectures, and then 2 for Perl Abramowitz, she has a lot of insight.

She is also giving an upcoming workshop/ teleconference!

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 1:16 am
I recently read Sara shapiros growing with my children and I think it's seriously my chinuch guide. Her behavior/thoughts/reactions so match my own and I hope to implement the tactics she has to improve my own interactions with my kids be"h. It's her diary so it's not a mussar kind of dos and donts but just a personal real account of her parenting which I love. She also used to revert to yelling and hitting but worked on speaking extra soft and turning a blind eye when needed and saw such positive results. Highly recommend this read.

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 1:39 am
I just started an online parenting course... Supposed to help with that a lot... Feel free to pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics