Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to Know Which Foods to Avoid While Nursing

moneyshouts

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 9:23 pm
For those of you with babies that have sensitive stomachs, how did you figure out which foods to avoid while nursing?

working hard

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 10:59 pm
After going CRAZY for 3 months I went to a biokinesiologist who gave me a list. I went off the list for a month and then began adding back in the least problomatic items slowly. If she reacted, I went off that item again. It is a nutty diet but it is worth it.
By the way this was after going off of dairy, tomatoes, citrus..

smss

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 11:40 pm
It's often not what you're eating at all. Can you say more about how nursing is going and your baby's fussiness?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 12:23 am
My baby had terrible reflux. Went to a kneasealogist who told me that the three main things my baby is allergic to is dairy wheat and corn. I went off it completely and miracles, after a few days I saw huge change.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:06 am
Im in israel and wouldnt even know who to go to so I self diagnosed- I saw after milk and chocolate she had blood in her diaper. I still eat yogurt but no milk. Also I suspect corn bc motzie shabbos she always sleeps awful and I eat popcorn or corn salad so going to start avoiding it. Im gf so I wouldnt know about wheat but I do give her challah- she is 10 months kah.
I do have a question, does this mean she is allergic or once she gets a bit older her stomache will mature? Im so not introducing cows milk when shes a year!!

chani8

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:31 am
amother wrote:
Im in israel and wouldnt even know who to go to so I self diagnosed- I saw after milk and chocolate she had blood in her diaper. I still eat yogurt but no milk. Also I suspect corn bc motzie shabbos she always sleeps awful and I eat popcorn or corn salad so going to start avoiding it. Im gf so I wouldnt know about wheat but I do give her challah- she is 10 months kah.
I do have a question, does this mean she is allergic or once she gets a bit older her stomache will mature? Im so not introducing cows milk when shes a year!!

Wait. You're gluten free but you're giving her challah? As in, wheat challah??

saw50st8

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 7:38 am
moneyshouts wrote:
For those of you with babies that have sensitive stomachs, how did you figure out which foods to avoid while nursing?

Trial and error mostly. By the time my 4th kid was sensitive, I went off almost everything and then tried adding things back in. It was easier to "detox" so to speak.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 8:59 am
chani8 wrote:
Wait. You're gluten free but you're giving her challah? As in, wheat challah??

Yes. Im gf for various reasons ie my eczema flares up, but bH she doesnt have any of these symptoms so I,didnt think,it was an issue.
Why, do you think I shouldnt introduce gluten?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics