Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Tips for falling asleep

fashgurl

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 11:08 pm
Even though I'm completely exhausted, I sometimes find my brains just whirring away and can't relax enough to get some much needed sleep, no particular issues, just on random night's, my head decides I'm not going to sleep!

Anyone have any natural tips for this that have worked for you?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:49 am
Research sleep hygiene. A classic book is Dr. Peter Hauri's No More Sleepless Nights.
Have you heard the classic eitzah not to be near a screen an hour or two before bedtime?
I know you said "no particular thoughts" but chances are there's some thread. If the thoughts are mental to do lists, write them down and try not to think about them.
As far as other thoughts, there's relaxation and deep breathing. If these thoughts are troubling, or rehashing your day and woulda coulda shouldas, try during the day to get your endorphins up through exercise and humor.

The most benign sleep aid advice I can give is chamomile tea and essential lavender oil. As far as other stuff like valerian and melatonin, you might want to try the type of stuff in the first paragraph first. Hatzlacha!

luppamom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:58 am
Stay away from screens close to bedtime. Also, make sure you are getting up early. If you want to go to sleep earlier, work slowly. Take a time when you know you'll fall asleep ex. 2 AM and each day make it slightly earlier. If you have a hard time sleeping and you switch from 2 to 11, it probably won't work well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics