Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do all scuba fabric skirts snag like nuts? Its developing a

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:24 pm
Stores including department stores and S & W, are now selling these flare-y scuba fabric skirts from different manufacturers. Otherwise theyre great because theyre seasonless. You can wear them 12 months a year with different tops.

Mine is developing a beard.

Do all scuba fabric skirts snag like nuts? Mine that was really perfectly smooth when new, is developing a beard. I got mine, a flare-y scuba skirt at Fox's and its snagging all over, on like the 3rd time Im wearing it.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:49 pm
Why is it called scuba fabric? I keep imagining the stuff wetsuits are made out of, not a girly floofy skirt...

Barbara

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:55 pm
--

Last edited by Barbara on Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 6:59 pm
What brand is yours? I dont think mine from Fox'S has snagged, but I havent worn it much...

chaya35

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:02 pm
My girls wanted me to buy them but every time I in the store I show them how snagged they are before purchase even.

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:41 pm
amother wrote:
What brand is yours? I dont think mine from Fox'S has snagged, but I havent worn it much...

Ivanka Trump.

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:43 pm
Barbara wrote:
In a word, no. I've had no trouble with mine. Sorry.

Barbara, what brand is yours? I have another scuba skirt from a different brand, but I havent worn it yet.

nicole81

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:43 pm
I have one from fashion island that I've worn about 15 times and it hasn't snagged anywhere yet.

Mevater

Post Tue, Sep 01 2015, 7:56 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I have one from fashion island that I've worn about 15 times and it hasn't snagged anywhere yet.

What brand is it please?

mommyofd1

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 10:58 am
mine snags a ton!

Barbara

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 11:01 am
--

Last edited by Barbara on Wed, Sep 09 2015, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mevater

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 11:18 am
Barbara wrote:
I have several, all different brands.

If possible can you name the ones that have no snags? Chances are you have less than 10 skirts, so any brands you can name would be appreciated. Its shorter to type brand names than a recipe. Thanks.

Mevater

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 11:19 am
nicole81 wrote:

Please name the brand. Thanks.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Sep 04 2015, 2:04 pm
I was going to buy one this season so I'd also appreciate people naming the ones they have that don't snag. Thanks.

Mevater

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:39 pm
Groisa, above, and I are waiting patiently for mention of brand names of scuba skirts that dont snag, please.

TIA

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 6:48 pm
I have 3 from Debbie's closet. 1 is snagging. Other 2 didn't.

alef12

Post Sat, Sep 05 2015, 7:19 pm
Not all "scuba" fabric is the same. It depends on the quality of the fabric. I design and sew clothing and often buy fabric online. When it comes to neoprene/scuba fabrics I always get a swatch first unless it's an amazing deal and I'm willing to possibly end up with a dud fabric for pattern testing. Some are "pillier" or "snaggier" (scientific terms ;-p ) than others.

And yes, scuba fabric is similar to wetsuit fabric in how it is created but is specifically designed for fashion. Usually thinner than the type of neoprene used for wetsuits and availability in many colors and prints. It's like a stiff doubleknit fabric.

Mevater

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 11:40 am
Being that no one mentioned any brands of Scuba skirts that arent snagging, can I assume that everyone who has a scuba skirt is experiencing snagging, and unless they want to look sloppy are tossing these skirts in the trash?

All my scuba skirts are UNWEARABLE- 3 brands so far! And Im not hard on my clothing, I keep many articles of clothing for years and they stay very nice looking!

This is a public service announcement.

BUYER BEWARE!

L K

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 8:36 am
alef12 wrote:
Not all "scuba" fabric is the same. It depends on the quality of the fabric. I design and sew clothing and often buy fabric online. When it comes to neoprene/scuba fabrics I always get a swatch first unless it's an amazing deal and I'm willing to possibly end up with a dud fabric for pattern testing. Some are "pillier" or "snaggier" (scientific terms ;-p ) than others.

Where do you order online?
Any leads for good scuba fabric? I need to add a piece to dress

Mevater

Post Thu, Apr 07 2016, 9:01 am
I just remembered about this thread I started.

I see theyre still selling scuba skirts all over, even though whoever Ive compared notes with, has had the same experience as me, rapid ugly snagging.

Does anyone have a scuba skirt that hasnt snagged, and is willing to divulge the brand name, or is it Lashon Hara perhaps on all the brands that snag, to mention brands that dont snag?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics