Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Another wedding outfit thread

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:03 pm
I'm going to a Lubavitcher wedding and have no clue what to wear. I'm tired of wearing duty length skirts. Can I wear a gown or a fancy maxi dress? In my community, gowns are reserved for the family of the chosson and kallah.
I'm in my mid 20s and very close to the mother of the chosson, but that's it. I don't want to be mistaken for family or some kind of bridesmaid, if bridesmaids are popular in the Lubavitcher world.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
I'm going to a Lubavitcher wedding and have no clue what to wear. I'm tired of wearing duty length skirts. Can I wear a gown or a fancy maxi dress? In my community, gowns are reserved for the family of the chosson and kallah.
I'm in my mid 20s and very close to the mother of the chosson, but that's it. I don't want to be mistaken for family or some kind of bridesmaid, if bridesmaids are popular in the Lubavitcher world.

I would say you could wear a fancy maxi dress if it doesn't look like it came from a gown gemach, you know the style. Have fun!

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 7:14 pm
Are there any of you who actually wore maxi length to a wedding and were not part a family member? I want to have fun trying a new look but don't want to look out of place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics