Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Blood stain - Urgent!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:29 am
I'm a guest in someone's house and accidentally stained the sheet and mattress protector... I wasn't thinking straight and immediately soaked it in hot water instead of cold, now the stain seems to have set............ HELP! What should I do???? I MUST get rid of this stain TODAY!
Please help me, I'm really at a loss!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:40 am
Try hydrogien peroxide, if you have.

chani8

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:48 am
If you were my guest, I'd let you off the hook. Accidents happen. Dont feel bad. If you can afford to replace these things, that's great. But if not, so then, just apologize. What else can you do??

Googled it for you. Go buy some stain remover washing liquid from the store. All the other ideas probably wont work since you soaked it in hot water. But the liquid stain remover should work.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:50 am
amother wrote:
I'm a guest in someone's house and accidentally stained the sheet and mattress protector... I wasn't thinking straight and immediately soaked it in hot water instead of cold, now the stain seems to have set............ HELP! What should I do???? I MUST get rid of this stain TODAY!
Please help me, I'm really at a loss!

I would buy a new one for them and replace it without mentioning it.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:01 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have anything here, should I buy hydrogen peroxide? Will it work after it was in hot water?

To the poster who recommended replacing -- I'm from abroad and wouldn't know where to begin to shop for these things, besides, it's unlikely I would find exactly the same.

Argh! I'm so upset I used hot water!!!! Total oversight! If you live in the US please name a product that should work even after it was soaked in hot water.

Six boyz

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:12 am
Just wash it in the washing machine, regular cycle with laundry detergent should come off.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:30 am
I don't have a washing machine here... Exploding anger

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:58 am
I just realised, since the sheets are white - will bleach work?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
I just realised, since the sheets are white - will bleach work?
try it. you have nothing to lose.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 10:10 am
You're right but since I have nothing here I'd like to hear from others what actually works before running out to buy a stock of cleaning supplies. LOL

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
You're right but since I have nothing here I'd like to hear from others what actually works before running out to buy a stock of cleaning supplies. LOL
try soda water. or vinegar.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 12:15 pm
Windex works like a charm. Check if there is a spray bottle with some under the bathroom sink.
Spray stain well. Then wash well (I guess you'll have to do so in the sink with regular soap.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry