Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to keep beautiful hair under a sheitel

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:30 am
I've been married for 4 years and my hair already got completely ruined by wearing sheitels. If it weren't for dh I would just shave it because I don't see the point in having ratty hair that's always covered anyway. Is there something I can do to have nice healthy looking hair?

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 11:52 am
My hair actually became much thicker and nicer since I started covering it- maybe because I almost never blow it out anymore.

I often keep my hair in a long braid. I find that this way it doesn't get knotty and pulled.

Try to remember to trim the ends every couple of months to get rid of split ends.

Try to shampoo your hair only every other night.

I've heard that omega3 fish oil pills are very good for the hair, too.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 3:12 pm
Dry it before you cover it. Buy good conditioner even though you're covering it. Get haircuts with a cute style. (I don't have that much experience w/ under shaitels b/c I'm usually wearing tichels, but that's my experience.) I also keep my hair long to make up for the fact that I don't personally like to style it. When it's long, it looks nice no matter how ratty it really is. (But, yes, very hard to cover.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics