Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Thanksgiving vacation

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 11:29 am
Hi
We would like to go on a mini-vacation over thanksgiving. Obviously most things are closed and the weather is unpredictable. We would be there wednesday night, and thursday.

Does anyone have any ideas of things we could do in any of the following cities on thanksgiving day?

columbus
cinncinnati
south bend
indianapolis
cleveland

We will be travelling G-d willing with a 5 year old, and an infant, so activities would have to appeal to a 5 year old.

Also, do any of these locations have places we could eat (that will be open on thanksgiving)?

TIA!

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:42 pm
Indianapolis - Children's Museum is great, can also tour Indy 500 race track, but check Thanksgiving hours

Cleveland will have the most restaurant options, it's near Football Hall of Fame in Canton if your child likes football

Columbus I think has a zoo, and there's a beautiful state park nearby called Hocking Hills, which should certainly be open on Thanksgiving

If you're looking in this part of the country, I'd encourage you to look into Pittsburgh, which has a very cool science museum + restaurants, or possibly Louisville (not far from Cincinnati), which has cool horse-related stuff + Louisville Slugger bat factory (+ whiskey tours).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics