Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Please tell me about Sheinfeld, Beit Shemesh

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:08 pm
I know a little bit about it. I had friends in Nofei Aviv for many years. Is it the same type of people there? (friend is DL, but very mizrachi, would be called "very Modern Orthodox" in the US.)
I'm ok with living in a mixed community. I'm not Chareidi but not exactly DL, def. not MO like my friend.
Is Sheinfeld a tad more to the right of that?

looking to come in January but not sure and iy"H to come in summer if we actually get our act together.
Thanks!

ps- what's the area in RBS that is going up now? I've heard a few names. Is that area (hey? daled?) more of a mix or more charedi like the other parts of RBS?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:44 pm
Anyone?

slushiemom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 7:31 am
Love sheinfeld! Been here about 11 years, starting from when I made Aliyah with my family at 19. When I got married, dh and I tried out a few other communities and ultimately ended up back in Sheinfeld once a younger crowd moved in. In terms of it being more to the right that Aviv, it's definitely strongly Dati Leumi, but there is a sizeable chevra of families who are more to the right than Modern Orthodox. That crowd is mostly a bit older than my age chevra- mid 40's-50's I would say, although there are younger right wing families also.

The community is so warm and welcoming, I really really love it here, have a very active social life as do my kids and I highly recommend it! How old are you and your kids?

If you're looking for something a bit more right wing, I would also suggest looking into Nofei Hashemesh/Ramat Neria- a newish community that's physically located in between Sheinfeld and Nofei Aviv.

If you have any more specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer. If you PM me, we can talk thru FB also.

saramalka

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:40 am
Sheinfeld is just as modern as Nofei Aviv. Either Rabbi Rosners area Nofei Hashemesh is more to the right or Ramat shiloh in RBS which is frum YU.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:03 am
Thanks for the replies!
What concerns me about RBS though is that everyone seems to be telling me even the "not charedi" areas are somewhat chareidi-esque
I'm definitely NOT chareidi and though I heard of those new areas in rbs, I don't want to be the "modern" one there, kids won't be accepted...
In terms of my kids- I have from baby-12 . I know, not good age but that's why I want to go now before gets worse
I don't think I'd mind living in a more DL community as I feel they're are more accepting of diff types (in my case, maybe more to the right) than chareidi (where I'd be more to their left)

slushiemom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:20 am
saramalka wrote:
Sheinfeld is just as modern as Nofei Aviv. Either Rabbi Rosners area Nofei Hashemesh is more to the right or Ramat shiloh in RBS which is frum YU.

I disagree with this as a broad statement. Sheinfeld is much more diverse religiously than Aviv, there is a large portion of Rabbi David's shul that is more right wing, with a full bus that sends to Ahavat Yisrael, as opposed to Aviv which definitely doesn't send more than a handful of kids up to RBS for school.

We lived in Ramat Shiloh for 10 months, OP, if you'd like to hear my "compare and contrast" on different issues in the 2 communities, feel free to PM.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions