Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you wish you could redo your wedding again?
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 3:45 pm
I loved my gown, but I didn't like my hair, my makeup, and my photographer. My chosson kallah pictures are BAD! But by now I know that nothing would have been perfect. When you set your expectations for "perfect" there's always something small that will go wrong to mess up the perfect.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 4:32 pm
Chas v'shalom would I want to redo my wedding! Whatever wasn't perfect, whatever wasn't up to my expectations as seen through my lenses today, was a result of naivete, innocence, purity, and sugar sweet young teenage. I could never recapture that glory with my expectations of today.

amother
White

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:02 pm
My parents had no money, and neither did dh's (1 of us is a yasom, and the other had an ill parent). I had NO expectations. I never even imagined I could have a normal wedding. We did everything as cheap as we possibly could, with help from hachnosas kallah and dh's own savings (we were young, so not that much!)

I expected to hate my wedding because I'm also an introvert.

It turned out to be the most beautiful, perfect wedding. I can't explain why. The people we hired ended up somehow throwing in "extras", just because, like the florist and the caterer. We felt that our guests were truly happy for us, and they made it so leibedig.

As Ra_mom wrote, chasdei Hashem.

fmt4

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 7:51 pm
fashgurl wrote:
Does anyone else wish they could do their Chuppa over? I was watching this and was moved to tears, wish I had such a Chuppa.

I guess the main thing is to be happily married and not the actual wedding
(-:

Just a little frustrating thinking if I would've arranged it (as opposed to parents) how different it would've been, Mi bon siach to 'The Rose', genius!

This was written by a man??? shock

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:06 pm
fmt4 wrote:
This was written by a man??? shock

I have a feeling fashgurl is a young, single, high school girl.

Fave

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:42 pm
I'm guessing she/he wanted us to talk about our yichud or wedding night makeovers

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:49 pm
I regret doing the "regular" "simple" wedding that still cost my parents almost 30,000 when they still had others to marry off!
I wish I would have insisted on making a smaller wedding in a shul... with more buffet style... I am simple and I think it was a waste of money for just one night--the only thing that was important to me was my makeup and gown because I hate to be the center of attention but since I was the kallah, I wanted to look my best for my own self esteem---I would have done my hair differently and would have gotten a different type of gown!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics