Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Plus Size Simcha Clothing

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:04 pm
I'm looking for local stores in brooklyn that carry plus size clothing for a simcha. Preferably a very elegant top with a skirt. Thanks

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 11:11 pm
Dressbarn has very nice stuff ... I always find something there ... They have a store on kinshighway btw Coney Island and east 12th st

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:01 pm
Bump, any other suggestions?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:08 pm
What size are you referring to? I'm about a size 16-18. I had a very hard time, but did end up finding something in exquisite (their biggest size), and a few months ago in Mrs K. You should also try S and W.

I did find a lot of weekday tops in dress barn before the summer, but did not have any luck with shabbos things. But that was last season. Check out their website.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:52 pm
I second Mrs. K. Also, Celluette on 18th avenue. personally, I prefer to shop in department stores and a drive into long island will get you a great lord and taylor and some decent outlet stores (garden city and westbury, respectively).
if you have any intention of shopping online, I like the ensemble shown with this skirt: http://www.eloquii.com/studio-.....id=c2
unless I misunderstood and you wanted something more like a 2 piece gown.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:59 pm
Op here. That's a pretty skirt. Do you know if they have actual stores or only online shopping?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:02 am
Op here. Bumping again to see if anyone has any other ideas.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:39 am
This may seem a bit out there, but here is what I do. Hindys maternity sells big sizes - through size 3x (which in maternity is probably closer even to a 4x). I shop there even when not pregnant. I just tell them I'm looking only for clothing that is not obviously maternity, like no high seams under the bust or tie backs (though for some tie backs you can just snip off the straps and it looks totally regular - I've done it successfully before). Currently I'm not pregnant (my youngest will be 2) and 90% of the tops I wear come from them - weekday, Shabbos, wedding, etc. And no one suspects I'm wearing maternity...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics