Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
One bathroom.... How to manage?

newmommy1

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:41 pm
I'm used to having a master bathroom but recently moved and now we don't. I feel awkward that guests use this bathroom and feel very pressured to keep it very tidy. DH "sheds" and the bathroom looks messy 20 mins after I clean it. I don't know how to keep it clean! Any easy tips?

Optione

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:49 pm
I keep lysol wipes under the sink. Whenever I gon in, I can wipe down the sink/vanity and toilet. It takeS less than a minute.

treestump

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:13 am
Oh boy, do I feel for you. Had one bathroom for years and it was so not fun. The only way I was able to deal with it was doing one grand cleanup at the end of the day- and no more. Otherwise I would be frazzled and frustrated, because no matter how many times you clean it, it reverts to its natural chaos a few minutes later...

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 12:25 am
Hubs cleans after he uses it, and you clean later after the kids.

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 5:03 pm
Run a tissue along dust-collecting surfaces like moldings, windowsill, back of toilet, edges of floor, top of sink. Straighten rumpled towels. Keep a small microfiber cloth (the size of a glasses polishing cloth) in the medicine chest, dampen just a drop and use to polish mirror when it's blotchy. Pour some plain vinegar into the toilet, let set and scrub inside with a brush or a sponge as soon as you notice slight discoloration inside the bowl.

Reduce clutter. Keep as much as possible hidden inside cabinets, drawers or some sort of bins. Clear surfaces are a cinch to clean. Not so much if you have to move aside dozens of containers of products and various implements.

Oh---and your dh is a grown-up. He should be cleaning up his own mess. The only thing more disgusting than leaving your body hair lying around for someone else to clean up is leaving your poop around for ditto. Wars have been fought over less.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:06 am
I fail to see the problem as this is my norm. For your husband, if he does gross stuff he needs to clean it. Like he would in master bathroom.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 11:51 am
Buy some poo poupori. It really works.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:16 pm
Yup, stash of lysol wipes. Wipe things down whenever you are in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics