Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
First time sheitel - good places in Israel

Frum2.0

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 7:56 pm
Hi Guys!
BH we are going to Israel in June for our belated honeymoon (my first time!) and I want to buy a sheitel when I am over there.
I live in Australia, and dont yet cover my hair every day (I wear a scarf to shule and when I am davening etc, or sometimes just around the house to feel more holy!) We have very limited sources here in Aus, so I am making the best of our travels and buying one while we are overseas. Hopefully having a sheitel will encourage me to wear it in good time and when I am ready.
I am really petite, very small features all over - including my head! - and am very fair. Blonde hair, blue eyes, thin/fine hair. I feel like this is the reason that I am yet to try one on that I dont feel ridiculous in. They all just look so HUGE and HEAVY on me!!! But maybe finding the right brand will help make this mitzvah a little easier to take on.
Obviously we dont have as many options here in Australia so I havent been spoilt for choice, but I am hoping you guys can help me out!
Who are some good brands in Israel that I should be looking at for my requirements? I want it to be light, a bit of a natural wave (not dead straight and heavy), fine hair that wont overpower my tiny head and frame, and obviously fair in colour (perhaps there are people out there who really nail the blonde wig?? So far I am yet to see a fair colour that looks natural). Longer in length. Human hair. Willing to spend good money.
Any help or guidence taking on this beautiful mitzvah would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Frum2.0 on Sun, Mar 15 2015, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 8:26 pm
You simply need the Petite size. Measure your head circumference and tell people that before you get into any bothers.

This might do; it comes in Petite size and comes in a light blonde:

http://www.voguewigs.com/petit.....65645

If you search "petite" on Paula Young or Vogue Wig websites, or many others, you will find petite size wigs. Get a few the same. Use only a synthetic wig shampoo on synthetic wigs. They press in a towel, cold water, and dry overnight on an open wigstand.

Frum2.0

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 9:05 pm
Thanks for the site!This is a great place to start.

Am thinking more long in length, and real hair.
Willing to spend decent money, as I have been saving up hard for it Smile
Also, this is my first ever wig so I would want to go in an try things on and feel them, which is why I am looking for shop names and brands in Israel, if you have any ideas Smile

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 9:35 pm
When you are new to wigs, it is no sin to get a handful of fifty dollar wigs.

Make sure it says "petite" and see what works for you.

You may also find your ideas evolve. If you hate a wig when it comes, put it aside, don't give it away. I think a newbie might find it useful to see how it all plays out, before spending good money on a wig you then really have to like and wear, because it cost so much.

Also look at paulayoung.com - search "petite"

This is longer. It is Petite. It comes in a light blonde, 22, and a mixed, 108/2, and others.

http://www.wigs.com/jennifer-p......html

You can't style these wigs much. Maybe a bangs trim. What you see is what you have to stay with, usually. They don't radically re-style, like cutting much shorter.

mirimiri

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:03 am
Don't know if you're still looking but there's a place called ita Fischer in Ramat eshkol, I've only used them to wash and set my own wigs but never bought one from them. But from what I've seen when I was there they look really nice. I would say it's worth it to look into. never used them so I don't know much about their prices

mirimiri

Post Mon, Jun 29 2015, 9:05 am
Don't know if you're still looking but there's a place called ita Fischer in Ramat eshkol, I've only used them to wash and set my own wigs but never bought one from them. But from what I've seen when I was there they look really nice. I would say it's worth it to look into. never used them so I don't know much about their prices

jkw

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:23 pm
bumping up this thread and hope new comments appear. So I want to buy a nice sheitel in Israel. Since I don't live there, is it better to buy from some place such as Gallit Italia (that's the only salon I know about) which also has a branch in the US or other salon? Or does anyone have a recommendation for a sheitel macher in Jerusalem? I usually like a shoulder length bob or shorter in color 2 or 4...want excellent hair quality and sewing.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks!

ray family

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:35 pm
where in Israel will you be?
I would imagine you need to find s/o who has experience w/ blonds. otherwise they can look straw-like.
the two blonds that I know got from Miri and they're stunning.
there's s/o else whose blonde sheitals I've seen that are also beautiful but the name escapes me now.
I live in Ramat Beit Shemesh, and found Sara Baila Axelrod extremely helpful when it come to sheital shopping.

good luck buying a wig is not easy and you need a lot of mazal!

jkw

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 10:41 pm
oops. I'm using same thread but I (new OP) am a definite dark brown, color 2 or 4. Will be in Jerusalem mostly. thanks for the help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels