Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Pro Chef Slow Cooker- what number for Chulent?

Mevater

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 3:03 am
The manual says foodds cooking 7 to 10 hours should be put on #3, 4 to 6 hours #4, 2 to 3 hurs #5. Chulents are on for almost 20 hours. What setting? Any advice for Pro Chef slow cooker?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 30 2012, 3:14 pm
I'd do #2

amother

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 2:25 am
Ill try like 4 or 5 next time, because the potatos were hardish on 3.

smoms

Post Sun, Apr 01 2012, 8:44 am
I find that these type of slow cookers always need to put on a higher number when they're brand new. As the teflon gets worn out with the use, you will need to lower the number.

salamanca

Post Wed, Nov 20 2013, 12:05 pm
Hi,

Would anyone currently using the prochef pcs800 8 quart or pcs600 6 quart be willing to let me know what setting works for them? What time on Friday do you put up your chulent and do you have it on a different setting for Friday and Shabbos? Do you need to add a bunch of extra water to prevent it from being burned?

Mevater - If you are still using this slow cooker, can you let me know how your experience has been?

Thanks!

Mevater

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 3:28 pm
salamanca wrote:
Mevater - If you are still using this slow cooker, can you let me know how your experience has been?

Thanks!

Im seeing this thread 2 yrs later, because I broke my Hamilton Beach insert and took this Pro Chef one out of my Pesach stuff to use until I get another slow cooker. I might have posted above anonymously that the potatoes were hardish on 3, so Ill go with 4 or 5. Stay tuned. Although by now, you know better than me what number is the best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen