Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
HELP! 10 mos and never sleeps!
Previous  1  2  3

luppamom

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 4:58 am
Agree with everyone. It takes time. One night is not going to do it. I would give it a week.

If you don't see improvement and he's still waking up and crying a lot, after a week, I would think about what you're eating if you are BFing and what he is eating. Maybe he's sensitive to milk or wheat or whatever and tummy troubles are making things harder for him.

Miri7

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 12:20 pm
My youngest DC did this a while ago, and I also wasn't willing to do a full ferber, CIO method.

What worked for me took a few nights of no sleep, and serious commitment, but it worked. My baby was also accustomed to nursing to sleep - which could take a really.long.time.

I started a very consistent nighttime routine: dinner, bath, two books, shema, nursing, bed.

I would nurse until she had eaten enough, but was still awake but sleepy. Then I put her in her crib. She did not like this. I rubbed her back, said, "It's time for sleep." "Lie down." She kvetched, really screamed a couple of times, but I stayed there in the room with her, speaking only in a very soothing, quiet, loving voice. I sat there by her crib while she tried to figure out what was going on. She would sit up, look around, lie down, roll around, etc. I stayed with her in the room until she was asleep.

We did this repeatedly through the night - I would put her down each time before she was totally asleep. (There was dim light in the room so she could see, but it was pretty dark.)

After a couple of nights, I would slip out when she had settled down for sleep. She kvetched a couple of times when I left, so I came back in very mellow and quietly, and said "Shhh, lie down, time for sleep."

I was very consistent about not picking her up once she was down.

So she first got used to falling asleep in the crib, then got used to me leaving and then falling asleep on her own.

Note - I did pick her up to nurse during the night when she woke hungry - but once I'd put her down to sleep, I didn't pick her up again.

She is now 18 months and an amazing sleeper. After shema, she will point to her crib. Once I've put her down and tucked her in, she's pointing to the door, like "time for you to leave now, ima!" She is very comfortable with the routine and now usually sleeps through the night, sometimes waking once around 10. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

chavs

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 3:04 pm
pickle321 wrote:
Of course it's easier but that doesn't mean it's better. It is much better for your baby to learn to sleep on his own. I used the baby whisperer method. I really suggest the op reads her book and in a week from now she and baby will be much happier and well rested. Seriously stop being lazy and just do it. Take turns with your husband for a few nights a couple hours each and then you won't have this problem for the next two years because yes it's not going to get better on its own when the baby is a little bigger. You need to help him learn to sleep. Stop giving in and just do it.

Says who, that it's better? Tracy Hogg? Of course she is selling a book. Other ppl say cosleeping is better. I'm sure you could quote me sourcs as could I , so saying one is better is completely ridiculous.
Personally my the baby whisperer contributed to my PPD and I wouldn't go near it again whereas cosleeping has worked for everyone, and my children slept as did I. Not everything works for everyone and my children have in my opinion benefited from cosleeping. If its not right for you, that's fine but don't make ridiculous statements like the above.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics