Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Is this toy safe

cbg

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 11:26 pm
For my 21/2 year old granddaughter
http://www.overstock.com/Sport......html
If she plays on it alone, can it tip over.

I thought of getting her this one
http://www.littletikes.com/cla.....nQDdw

But my DD likes the fact that the first one is also a picnic table.
I'm afraid the 3 in 1 is not so safe

Please advise

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 1:04 am
I don't know if I've seen the exact one you linked or just similar ones, but they are quite stable. I agree with your DD's assessment, the alligator one will only ever be a rocker and will hog a chunk of space. The first one looks a lot cooler.

kb

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 2:47 am
The 3 in 1 actually seems less likely to tip over, since it's wide.

And kids fall sometimes. It's part of growing up. That being said, the only people I ever saw get hurt on one like the alligator one was: 1) a baby who was too young to be in it (couldn't walk yet, and wasn't being properly supervised)
2) a 6 year old (approx) who was deliberately trying to see if she could rock it hard enough to flip over. (She did. Onto pavement. And she was just fine! )

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 4:54 am
Another vote for the first one. It looks like there's space for up to 4 kids.

cbg

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 8:14 am
She's an only child, can she play on this by herself, as well.

Friends and cousins do come over, sometimes

MGmom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 8:42 am
She'll enjoy the little table part by herself and when company is over she'll have a balance for her totter. I personally always hated these things. Little kids tried standing up on them and balancing and inevitably falling

cbg

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 9:09 am
MGmom wrote:
She'll enjoy the little table part by herself and when company is over she'll have a balance for her totter. I personally always hated these things. Little kids tried standing up on them and balancing and inevitably falling

I would love for her to learn a little more balance. I wanted to get her a balance bicycle, but DD nixed that idea.

Can she use this as rocker for herself? Will it rock? I want her to be able to use it, not have it just sit there until company comes. The seesaw is her favorite at the park.

I think the benches are too wide apart for a 2 yr old to be able to stand on them. If she stands in the middle it won't rock. The alligator on the other hand, that she would be able to stand on?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers